Hello Bit Tech forums! I was referred here from the /r/watercooling discord and told I should post a build log here. I read some rules and I hope that I don’t break them by essentially posting all of my progress in one go. It would’ve been over a period of time, but I didn’t really know about these forums until now. This is my first scratch build/mod/watercooling project ever. Up until now I have been quite the standard builder, but I have been dreaming about doing something like this for a long time. Last year I was waiting for the Dice Case Flow to do my first water-cool build. But due to COVID the delivery were delayed so I decided to make my own case for fun, at the start just a CAD model of what an ideal case for me would be, but ended up making it. This is the first sketch I made in CAD. Just pulling up a concept with placement of components etc. I quite liked it so over the course of a few weeks I fleshed it out to completion, all while learning CAD for the first time. I started to get a feel for the edges and look of the case. At first it was too edgy (I was hyped for Cyberpunk so I tried to bring some of that influence in) and I didn’t like it. Then I started looking at one of my favourite designers, Dieter Rams, to get inspired. Lo and behold I feel like I hit the mark after that. Soft round edges, some wood accents, and minimal. Now there were still problems with this design. The holder for the PSU didn’t account for the PSU cable, there were no cutouts for the PSU fan, no sauce for 2.5in SSD, and I had not way of screwing in the GPU. The problems were all solved along the way as I started putting in representations of the components. The hardest one for me to crack was the GPU holder as the thickness of the metal would make the fold so that it would be hard to drill/tap a hole. Eventually I found a decent solution. At this point I stared validating the design by pulling in representations of the radiators and fans I was going to use. It seems to have enough space for tubes so I was happy. With that sorted I had to figure out where to place the pump. Right from the start I had the idea to put it on the PSU holder. And with some approximations based on EK measurements it turned out that a horizontal pump could work well and look really nice. So I decided to run with that. After a few more tweaks of the design, mainly the GPU holder as well as making sure there were countersunk holes etc, I decided to start emailing it out to manufacturers in my country to see who could help me. I started out by emailing three and all of them telling me they couldn’t do it. This got me quite upset, as I had canceled my Dice Case Flow by this point. So I decided to broaden the net. I emailed perhaps 30 places across Sweden and Europe and eventually settled on one place that said they could for sure make it. So it was time to wait. In the meantime I learned about rendering and texturing! And then one day, about 6 weeks later, I received a package. The case had arrived, unpainted of course, and looked great. I immediately made a test fit to see that everything worked and it did! So I sent it out for painting and decided to focus on the wood panels. I also tried a glamour shot inspired by the Mandalorian (S2 just started airing) and the Disney Star Wars intro with all the masks. Initially I wanted to CNC the wood panels out of oak, but after being informed by multiple places that they wouldn’t be able to do that due to vibrations, I settled on getting some nice plywood laser cut and then stained. I added some varnish to them so they wouldn't scratch as easy. Going back to the painting of the frame, I had decided on cerakoting the metal frame to give it a nice dull appearance. This was not without its problems either. The entire frame was painted and stripped 4 times initially, every time exhibiting some discolouration... We eventually decided to switch the paints to a cerakote that was slightly thicker. This worked out super well! And now slowly this week I started putting together my components. First off was applying the water block to the GPU, and then mounting the initial hardware. I have never done water-cooling before so this is very scary and I honestly hope I haven’t broken anything yet. And that brings us up to speed!