1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Tim Schafer: No Brutal Legend 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Jul 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

a shame

3. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

I think this is actually a good thing.

Tim Schafer has always appeared to me as somebody who would be more suitable to the downloadable market: Steam, XBL, PSN etc.

It's widely known that publishers don't like taking risks on humourus games, it's just too much of a gamble for their liking. Downloadable games would allow Schafer a lot more creative control and require fewer compromises at the request of the publisher.

Also, as much as I love Schafer, I got the impression that all the mechanics in Brutal Legend eventually got the best of him and the game became too big for him to control.

4. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

No great loss.

5. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I enjoyed Brutal Legend, apart from the RTS elements.
    I'd almost collected everything in the game apart from 1 last viewpoint, Serpent, and music track which are all clustered around the last area but I can't seem to get to them - possibly I need to complete the RTS section against
    Ophelia
    first, which is where I got stuck and after attempting it far too many times got frustrated and gave up.

6. CowBlazed

CowBlazed What's a Dremel?

I thought the RTS element really changed it up for a console game. Fun game.

7. StudioRecorder

StudioRecorder Mobo's need Fabo's for company!!!!!

thats a real shame because if i remember from the end of the game it had a big hint that there might be a second!!! but now theres not, was looking forward to a sequel

8. Helz

Helz What's a Dremel?

I feel bad for Tim Schafer. Everyone complains how games always lack innovation, then he creates something full of imagination and originality and nobody buys it. Psychonauts was like the greatest game that no one ever played.

Maybe Nutech is right. Downloadable content might be the way to go for Double fine.

9. Partez

Partez What's a Dremel?

Thank god some publishers still have a few braincells to rub together and are not on their knees sucking Schafer's dick. BL was a bland game and if Tim can't see it for what it is he needs a slap in the face to shake off some of that ego. Psychonauts was a brilliant game and if they should make a sequal to anything it should be that.

10. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Well, if you want some humour from the same stable, there's always Ron Gilbert's Deathspank

11. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Deathspank is awesome. Actually, I'm surprised that Joe hasn't reviewed it yet...

Tags: Add Tags