1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling TJ07 WC Fittings

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cyndre, 31 Mar 2011.

1. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

You can use velcro or double sided tape (No Nails) to hold the rad stand in the base but don't use a lot of it as at some stage you'll want to remove it and too much makes it almost impossible to separate.

I use an intake fan on the front (for the hard disks), intakes in the roof, exhaust on the rear. The reason for intakes on the roof is to help cool the RAM and MOSFETS. They also help reduce the mobo temps in general. As you can see from my photo I also have 2 intakes on the case side which also help the mobo cooling and with my previous gfx cards help cool the VRMs. Having the dual rads means I can have the fans low, slow and quiet and still not exceed 56ºC on the CPU with 20ºC ambients at a 4.2GHz overclock.

Bloody_Pete - TJ07 has 13 GTs, TJ10 has 8, and Gigabyte Aurora has just 5. I have a few spare from the new batch but they have different sound characteristics to the old ones.

2. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Im dissapointed with the GT 1850rpm's. They are just too loud. I have swapped mine out in favour of silent eagles and im much happier :)

3. Big Elf

bdigital - Did you buy them within the last few months and did you notice a distinct high pitched whine?

4. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

I bought them approx 6 / 7 months ago.

One of them had a whine, the other is not as bad, but it still louder than most other fans, but that could just be because it is spinning faster than most!

They obviously shift a lot of air, I think they are very good where noise is not a concern.

5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I got mine about a year ago and they are beautiful. It's very odd :S

6. Cyndre

Cyndre What's a Dremel?

Right got a new question for anyone who can help. I had my TJ07 powder coated black and tried to get the screws done the same way but it didn't turn out so great. They are embedded in cardboard and difficult to remove not to mention the steam is still silver.

So I've tried searching everywhere to try get a full set of replacement black screws for the case but am struggling with finding them.
    Chilledpc carry the M3 but not the 6-32 type. I approached silverstone but all they seem to want are photo's of the screws I am after despite telling them I require all the screws and I've given up after a few frustrating exchanges of email.

So does anyone know where I can get a full set in black?

edit: and got the vertex 3 drive today from scan and damn it is unbelievably gorgeous, I don't know what I was expecting but this surpassed expectations.
    Now just waiting for the fittings, EK HF and rad's to all come into stock before scan ship.

7. Big Elf

Not proper black but a natural finish, a sort of matt black from http://www.modelfixings.co.uk/unc_cap_screws.htm You're looking for the UNC screws and probably the button heads.

Silverstone wanted over a fiver for a single button head screw to fit the acrylic panel so I'd avoid them anyway unless you wanted to be really ripped off.

8. paz45

paz45 What's a Dremel?

Sent you pm with couple of links for screw