1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MadGinga, 13 Mar 2015.

1. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Anyone else have fond memories of Toejam & Earl?

kickstarter

Bazz likes this.
  2. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

No idea why that game has a cult following when it was slow and boring even at the time.

3. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Admittedly, I never played 1 and 2, but I had 3 on the Xbox and it was great fun. Especially (drunken) co-op.

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I LOVED T&E 1 and 2 on the Mega drive. They were so good. Great graphics and loads of really fun characters.

Didn't enjoy the xbox version quite as much but by that time I was a bit older and less into platformers.

5. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

^This, just all of this.

The wake up... wake up... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP! is burnt into my brain.

6. Hex

7. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

From the Steam page:

So any clue if that is true?

Or is it a real game with functional single player? (because the tags do suggest it has single player)

(as I've never even heard of the original or the new one until a few hours ago I would lose any friend I played with)

8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

It's 4 player co op apparently. There's a gameplay video up on Youtube, but that may be some sort of beta. There are four characters though. Two male, two female..

My mate Dave and I used to play the original BITD. I loved it. If they can guarantee online co op then I will deffo get this.

9. Hex

2 (some places are saying 4 local as well, but others say 2) player local co-op and up to 4 player online co-op. Only thing to remember is that it's already hard to see everything that's going on, so in splitscreen it's sometimes worth sticking together if there are some of the larger enemies about! Also there are 9 playable characters in this one!