1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Tomb Raider Legend - Stuck on a time trial

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Awoken, 31 May 2006.

1. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

Well my enjoyment of the new tomb raider has been limited at best, the bugs are horrendous! Lara frequently stops responding to commands and stands stock still regardless of key presses. I've managed up until now but the problem has come to a head in the boss fight with rutland. I cannot use the grapple with the gun out, Lara frequently refuses to jump and just stands there waiting for Rutland to take her down. Does anyone else suffer this total lack of responsiveness? Is it easier with a gamepad or do you experience the same thing?

Another thing - Rutland homes in intensely so there is no time to pull platforms how do you stop this?

All other titles have been fine (Splinter Cell, FEAR, Far Cry, etc) its just Tomb Raider that fails. NOTE I do have the new patch installed and nvidia 84.43 drivers.

Last edited: 6 Jun 2006
  2. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

84.43 drivers? They're beta, aren't they? Perhaps give the whql 84.21 drivers a go. I had some graphical wierdness with Rutland's hands and hair (unless they were supposed to be like that lol), but other than that the game played fine on my setup.

Have you tried assigning affinity of the tomb.exe (or whatever it's called) to one cpu?

Have you got up to date drivers for your keyboard? Perhaps the keyboard buffer's filling up?

Oh, and what sound card do you have installed? I've had no end of bother with an X-Fi on mine (finally got it working, woot).

3. Awoken

I've got all the X2 patches - AMD and Microsoft, there is no stuttering as everything but Lara works just fine. No sound card either, purely internal. I'm trying a reinstall of the game to see if that helps.

4. buzz_lips

buzz_lips What's a Dremel?

lol, is that the Game I sold you?

It seemed ok for me, just to easy :( . I used Mouse and keys to play and didn't really have an issue

5. Awoken

Reinstalled, still getting the same problems. I switched my keyboard for a wired one and that has made no difference, I'm going to dig out my old gamepad and try that later today.

6. Awoken

Okay, switched to USB gamepad after a fresh install of windows, fresh install of game and fresh install of the new patch failed to fix it. The gamepad works great. Button mapping is a bit tricky but ultimately it works well and I've completed the game. I'm now working my way through the time trials and secrets. The only things I haven't done isthe Kazakhstan and England time trials. I'm currently stuck on the Kazakhstan time trial. I can nip through all the sections with no trouble at all, I turned on the one shot death cheat but I can't beat the beast - it takes an age to position him then knock him onto the buzzing pylons so that I can flip across to the switches unmolested. Then I've only about 30-40 seconds to knock him out again so that I can collect the artifact. Its damn hard!
    Also it take 20mins to play back to my position if I lose as you have to do the whole level again.
    Does anyone have a good strategy in mind given that I've got nearly all the cheats now?

7. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Just ignore the creature thing and work on the switches.

8. Purge

Purge What's a Dremel?

nudepatch

enyone now where exist the nude patch for this tomb raider (legend)

9. TheAngryDolphin

TheAngryDolphin What's a Dremel?

lol i just passed tome raider legend today...it was great :D

Tags: