1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

too tired to think

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Ryu_ookami, 19 Sep 2006.

1. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

Ok I am way to tired to be thinking about this stuff so I am hoping that whom ever reads this is willing to have pity on my 8 year old son and help me out with ways of fixing this.

Ok the other day I was putting together a bits and bobs system for my son and the power supply unit died. I have managed to replace the PSU but now it will not boot.

The cpu fan spins up as does the psu fan so I know that they are working unfortunately the system has no speakers so I can not listen out for
    bios beeps. Which is more likely to have gone the CPU or the motherboard (I have tried 5 other different gfx cards so I know that its not that and the monitor is showing the No signal error msg.

I have also tried a second monitor with all 5 cards and still no change so its definitely not the monitor or gfx cards so any ideas ?

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

probably motherboard.

3. Ryu_ookami

Ok I have a spare motherboard so I can check that in a bit.

Cheers

Ryu

4. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I'm posting in your thread! :rock: Yeah sounds like your PSU didn't want to die alone so it took out your mobo too.

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Depends on how the PSU gave up the ghost. It could have taken down anything from mobo to CPU to memory. Do you have any drives attached? Do they initialise one after the other?

6. Ryu_ookami

We fixed it. changed psu and cpu and it now works thanks to everybody who posted it helped a lot because my brain at that time was fried (I had been looking after the kids all day)