1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TribalOVERKILL's LiquiD EVOLUTION

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by tribaloverkill, 3 Jun 2007.

1. tribaloverkill

tribaloverkill Who needs sleep,... bah.

2. tribaloverkill

WHATS UP PEOPLE!!! Gawd,... I can't believe I am posting this!!! Anyways,... for now, I will be focusing on watercooling accessories and parts. The first accessory/ part I want ot work with is RESERVOIRS baby!!! Yea. So,... this reservoir I am working on now doesn't really have a name yet but "Sentinel" has crossed my mind. This reservoir will have shields! Just to let you guyz know,... theres goign to to be alot of shields/ panels going on:) The cool thing about this reservoir is that the contents spins,... along with a UV green coil on the inside:) To the pictures!!!!

Nov-08-2005

So,... I gotta big tube. LOL. It's OD is 2.5" and it has a 1/4" wall. Huge.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I used a hacksaw to cut a piece off thats about 5" long. I am shooting to get this piece to 4.5". It's has to be absolutely straight because it will be crooked as hell:)
    [​IMG]

I taped it off so I don't scratch it up.
    [​IMG]

This is my table sander,... I LOVE THIS THING!!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA! Watch,...
    [​IMG]

WHAM!!! Done,... straight as hell! I used the 6" circular sander on the side the the table/ slider "thing". I gentally spun it grinding it away. Easy. Almost to easy!
    [​IMG]

Check out the finish. I know the pic is a bit blurred,.. my camera is all that great. Just bare with me on it. The surface you see is slightly melted because the grit on the paper was kind of small. You want it to be kind of coarse so that it cuts and scrapes away the acrylic instead of rubbing it off. But, this will do!
    [​IMG]

Check this out,... this is the freaky part. eaxctly 4.5". I nailed it,... and I wasn't even pay any mind to it. I was just focused on getting it straight. I just so happened to stop right on 4.5". Couldnt believe it.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Huge sheet of 1/4" thick acrylic. This is only half of the sheet too.
    [​IMG]

I cut off a small piece and began taping it up.
    [​IMG]

Marked and ready for drilling,... to the press.
    [​IMG]

I love this press. Very cool.
    [​IMG]

Very nice. Flawless.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Notice the countersink:)
    [​IMG]

So yea. So far so good:) Next,....

Last edited: 3 Jun 2007
  3. tribaloverkill

UPDATE!!! LOL. Check em out,...

Nov-09-2005

Trimmed away some of the tape so it wouldnt cake up the sanding wheel. It's proved to be pointless. I dont cut it away like this anymore.
    [​IMG]

See how it's melting the acrylic? After I replaced the sanding disc with one thats a bit more coarse this stopped. The melted portions easily snapped off,... it's not like it was a problem.
    [​IMG]

Done. This isn't it's finished size. Just a general fit.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Now, this is one huge piece of acrylic. A 2'x4'@3/4" thick,... yea. Heavy as hell.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I gto a nice paralelle clamp to help hold stuff on the press. I dont use it as much as I thought I would. You'll see later why.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Clamped the clamp dow to the press table. Would ok but the paralelle clamp kind of bows when you wrench down on something that isnt evenly placed within its grasp.
    [​IMG]

Grinding down the 3/4" the same way I did the 1/4". I love this thing.
    [​IMG]

Snow. This stuff is annoying. It's like sand except this stuff clings to you.
    [​IMG]

Ok,... top and bottom piece cut to their general sizes.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Stacked.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

A 120mm fan to get you an idea of it's size.
    [​IMG]

Tomorrow I will post another update and I will be working on it too. till then:) Keep watching:) Oh,... I will be working on Blackout soon too. No worries.

4. tribaloverkill

HEY:) I'm goign to post 4 updates because they are all pretty much of the same thing. I was having trouble and had to remake this particular part a couple of times. What you see here is old methods when I was first playing around with it. I have it figured out now and it's so much easier to do what you are about to see. To the pictures away!!!

Nov-10-2005

Ok,... this is a picture I had drawn to help figure out how I was going to spin the contents of the reservoir. As you can see I was running into some trouble.
    [​IMG]

I began farting around,... theres two aux ports and 2 for I/ O spinning. You can cap off the spinning ports and use the aux ports for I/ O without spin. But wheres the fun in that? I meant the aux ports to be used for temp probes and LEDs.
    [​IMG]

Drilling on an angle. This was flat out crappy. I couldnt tell how far down I had to go. Plus at this point I forgot that the drill press table tilts, DOH! This is suppose to be a spin port.
    [​IMG]

Came out nice though:)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Drilled through the side to the previously drilled tunnel. i was off by a bit. Hard to do, very hard. I knew that I wasn't going to go this route because #1. This is a hard procedure and #2. To much turbulance inside that tunnel. I needed a btter way.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here's the sweet tap and die sets I got:) Got them cheap as hell!!! Titanium coated baby! Oh yea. I have a get another set with smaller taps and dies.
    [​IMG]

5. tribaloverkill

Next!

Nov-11-2005

Now,... this is what I came up with. Ultimately I wanted the barbs to be recessed so that I could hide them with some shields. Thats another reason why I wasnt going to go with the other way in the last update. This way is easy to repeat, one drilling straight through. the barbs are recessed on a downward angle. The reason for the angle,... to help recess and so that I dont have to cut out the inside of a 3/4" - 1" puck to get the contents to spin. In my opinion this is the best by to do this with what I have to do it:)
    [​IMG]

Using the disc sander and the table slanted at 45 degrees,... I checked it with a special ruler/ guage. You guyz know how anal I am,... can't trust the sticker used on the machine! LOL. It's actually like 45.5 - 46 degrees I think. Not sure but close. ANYWAYS,... this is an old way to do it too. Its very hard to hold the pcuk in place and even. I ended up clamping a board to the table to keep the puck from being pulling to the side or even thrown! So now all I have to do is make sure that it remians flat on the table and even. I swear,... I sander the mark in half. The accuracy is amazing. Again,... cut just before the mark and then sand/ file to the mark for accuracy:) Tip of the day:) LOL. Seriousy though, thats how you do it.
    [​IMG]

Finished. HOW SICK IS THAT!!!!!

Hell yea! This is it baby!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. tribaloverkill

NeeeeeEEEXT!!

Nov-13-2005

So I still didnt realize that teh press table tilted,... shoot me:) LOL.
    [​IMG]

Ummmm,... yea. How did that find it's way into the shop :shock:.
    [​IMG]

Before I continue the the vasoline to for driling withteh larger bits. I use it for all kinds of cutting not just drills. It makes it smooooooother :shock:. Nailed it! Not bad for using the press table improperly:)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Now here comes the problem. You see the c-clamp? It holding the 1/4" disc to the 3/4" puck. I driled the puck first. I removed the puck to clamp the 1/4" disc to the puck. The problem? Well,... here another tip,... do not remove your project from the press until you are absolutely auer you are done drilling that hole. It's hard as hell to line it up perfectly again. Also,... I should of drilled the 1/4" disc with the puck. Why? You'll see in the next update.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

You at that,... my calculations were on!! Right up to the 1/4" line which is basically the wall of the reservoir. Actually I went over the line a bit but I'm cool with that because it no big deal.
    [​IMG]

This is the fastest at this angle that this black will spin the contents. How fast? I dont know. LOL. I mean I do now but at the time I didnt know.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Teyber

Teyber ******

sick... man i love your stuff!

8. tribaloverkill

Yea,... this is number 4.

Nov-14-2005

Ok,.. so this is the reason why you would want ot drill the two pieces together. I mean if you just can't for whatever reason,... you you find the center and step drill the second piece then it should come out ok but you should really do them together. See how they are offset? I thought if I went slow with the largest bit it would be fine. Wrong. I though it was because I had a thin piece of tape in between the two pieces but still, thats a huge offset. also,... noticed how the offsets are off to the side too. Thats from trying to realign. I tried again. I made the whole thing again and this time I glue the two pieces together and the same thing happened. So, I knew that I had to do them together.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

See the hole on the right,... trying to realign.
    [​IMG]

This is what I got. So much better! Very clean. Theres vasoline all over it but it's clean:)
    [​IMG]

A better shot.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

So,... this is how I get the contents to spin. More to come tomorrow!!! Enjoy!!!

9. tribaloverkill

I'm going to give you guys an update now because I'm in a good mood. It's nothing big. When i get home I'm going to update again. That update,... I guarantee your jaws will drop. Now,...

Nov-15-2005

Wet sanded the edges of the reservoir body.
    [​IMG]

This is how I WAS going to spin the coil on the inside, I mean I did but the new revised reservoir will have another method of enabling the coil to spin.
    [​IMG]

Here's what is was before the sharpening of the ends. I sanded it down for accuracy:) I then penciled the ends.
    [​IMG]

Scratched the rod so I wet sanded with 800 grit.
    [​IMG]

Then polished it with a paper towel and some polishing compoud:) YES,... a paper towel:)
    [​IMG]

Use the drill as a lathe, again. I did the same for the rad housing posts for Blackout:)
    [​IMG]

All done:)
    [​IMG]

This is the polishing compound I used. It was laying around so I said why not! Worked great!
    [​IMG]

I'll post the other update when I get home. Check for it.

10. tribaloverkill

Here's a cool update. You'll like this:)

Nov-18-2005

Here's another idea for an internal effect.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Nice long strips for the coil. I just got done cutting them off a larger sheet.
    [​IMG]

At first i tried my ruler-ruler method of cutting these guyz down but it only worked so much. Thers not enough material to be tape to the ruler, it wont stick. Need to do it another way.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I used the rulers as a fence and ran the strips through with the bit spinning towards the strips. If you do it with the bit spinning away,... it wil shatter them and spit them out the other side. No, this did not happen to me.
    [​IMG]

Holding up and flap made from a ruler,... it's used to hold down the strip while being cut. Was kind of nervous about having my wittle fingers that close to the bit. Didn't want to pull a Hobbes:) Sorry Hobbes,... had to:)
    [​IMG]

Done. Now,...a mistake was made. Not really a mistkae but if I was smart I would of made both of these strips the same size. One os a spacer and the other is the actual coil. If I made them both the same size I would of had two coils:) I still have to coils its just that one of them isnt the right size. Anyways. The coils can be stretched or compressed to adjust the gap before gluing too. You dont wan tot do that toooo much because its stressful on the holding arm thingies.
    [​IMG]

The cool part and painful. I got a pipe of the right diameter and sanded it clean. I then calculated the angle in hich to start wrapping and
    I clamped the ends of the strips to the pipe side by side. I then began to heat and wrap. It was fairly easy. Very HOT. You should try and not stretch them out. You wan to pull firmly so its snug around the pipe but not to much. How cool is that:)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Trimmed and fitted. How friggin cool is that!!! HELL YEA. *HIGH FIVES MYSELF* Yea.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

So yea. A nice preview for you guyz. I might update you guyz later. I'm off to the garage. Peace.

11. tribaloverkill

Ok,... it's almost done in this update, but not.

Nov-21-2005

1/4" x 18NPT tap. This is a plumbers tap. It's tapered so when you screw in the barbs it prevents you from screwing it in so far that the barb falls inside the reservoir. But,... mainly, it's for sealing.
    [​IMG]

Breaking out the vaso jelly again. It's makes tapping that much easier:) Nice and SMOOOOOTH. Silky.
    [​IMG]

Tapped. Very important that you tap the holes as straight as possible.
    [​IMG]

The aluminum rod you see is what I use to make arms that holds the coil to the shaft. It's a tad bit smaller then the shaft so when I wrap one end of the arm around it and then go to put it on the shaft,... it's snug.
    [​IMG]

The arms and the shaft. This is the old way of doing it, that is the shaft. I have a batter way that I am dying to show you.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Arms almost done.
    [​IMG]

Everything being fused together. IMPORTANT that everything is straight! You can test by rolling the coil and watchng the shaft. Slight shimmies are ok. I have to add that the arms are not perfectly straight. I was not worried about it because you cant really see them. I did it like that because in that position evrything was straight. I have to figure out a better way.
    [​IMG]

fusing the reservoir together.
    [​IMG]

I rounder all the edges with the router and wetsanded evrything nice and smooth, 800git. It was progressive sanding,... started with 220grit.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Buffed the whole thing to a shine. Very pretty.

Once again,... lit up.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Closer and closer:) what do you think? In one or more pictures you can seeing scraping of the coil inside the reservoir. This is something I am goig nto address with the revised one. I know why it's doing it. I'm going to fix it.

12. tribaloverkill

Gawd I am tired! Did a double at the hospital yesterday:( It sucked. I think I think I'll go torture sponge bob now:) Come here you yellow M@#$%^&*er! LOL. Anyways,... Update!

Nov-24-2005

Ok,... this is the revised reservoir. Here I am using the tool box to heatsink the body cool. It cools it off quick. I am sanding it down to size.
    [​IMG]

Perfectly straight.
    [​IMG]

Exactly 4.5":)
    [​IMG]

This res body was cut down by a coarse disc. See the difference from the first? Very nice.
    [​IMG]

4 major pieces raw,....
    [​IMG]

... to their general sizes.
    [​IMG]

Still chamber ring. Going to sand away everything except for the tape. It's about 3/8" in height.
    [​IMG]

Stacked. I'll explain teh still chamber in the next update.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

To the next update.

13. tribaloverkill

Nov-25-2005

First,... these reservoir are being designed mainly for larger OD systems such as 1/2" and 3/8". 1/4" system will still work, just not as well. Take for instance this spinning reservoir. The 1/4" will most likely be spinning it slooow. I want slow but it might be slooow. I dont know this for sure just yet. But as I said I have lrager OD systems in mind. This first video,... is 1/2" OD system. It's a DD D4 pump and the reservoir,... nothing else. With everything else attached it will be spinning alot alot slower, how slow I dont know. I have to hook everything up once the revised is done. If I hooked this one up with everything it would probably still be spinning to fast so the revised has been slowed down a bit by changing the port positions. This is a 1/2" system,... OH and the video is crap! It doesnt even look like this in person,... so much better. My camera isnt all that good with video:( but you should get the idea.
    http://www.tribaloverkill.com/studio/worklogs/Nov-08-2005_xPO352r/Nov-25-2005/Nov-25-2005_12Barb.wmv

3/8",....
    http://www.tribaloverkill.com/studio/worklogs/Nov-08-2005_xPO352r/Nov-25-2005/Nov-25-2005_38Barb.wmv

1/4",...
    http://www.tribaloverkill.com/studio/worklogs/Nov-08-2005_xPO352r/Nov-25-2005/Nov-25-2005_14Barb.wmv

Now,... heres a problem. The bubbles. They are constantly cycling through the pumps. The overal size of the bubble is about the size of a dime if that. But when broken up,... it seems like alot. The shaft is helping the bubble make its way down to the exhaust port. SO,... something needs to be done:)
    http://www.tribaloverkill.com/studi...52r/Nov-25-2005/Nov-25-2005_12BarbBubbles.wmv

Heres with the lights on and no UV light.
    http://www.tribaloverkill.com/studi...r/Nov-25-2005/Nov-25-2005_12BarbNoUVLight.wmv

As for the revised pics,... say ello to ma litle,... still chamber:) Spooky!!!
    [​IMG]

What a still chamber is,... is a chamber where everything is still! It will be a part of the reservoir body up at the very top. When you fill your system make sure the water pushes past this disc and takes all bubbles with it. You want as little air in the system as possible. Once the air is in the still chamber,... it aint going nowhere! All the water below the dic will be apinning as usual and everything above will should be fairly still. Even if the water in that chamber was to spin a bit,... water being heavier then air would mean the water would push the air to the center of the disc whre there are no holes for it to move down. All the holes are up against the wall of the reservoir:) The holes are just big enough to have no problems getting the air through them and not to big that it would cause more activity up there then wanted. I think it will work, what about you?
    [​IMG]

Chamber ring. i forgot how tall it is but I know its bit over a 1/4" so you have a good amount of room for air:)
    [​IMG]

Time for the bubble test!!!
    [​IMG]

Blue tape is the reservoir body. Everything above the disc is the still chamber.
    [​IMG]

Whats the test testing? I am testing the holes to see how hard it would be to ge the bubbles through the holes. Pot of water represents all the water inside the reservoir.
    [​IMG]

Completely submerge the little disC,... thingy. The air when submerging came through very quick. To quick. Now see the bubbles you are left with? fish them through the holes,...
    [​IMG]

... and done. Very easy. came through as soon as they hit he holes. The actual reservoir will be even easier becase the holes are right up against the walls so all you need is a little tilt and your done:) I could of made the holes a bit smaller but I thoguth nah. This is good. Test,... SUCCESS!!!
    [​IMG]

So yea,... thats it. Enjoy:) Oh,... the tribaloverkill home page has been updated. I have a new ACRyan email now,... tribal@tribaloverkill.acryan.com. You can email me using that. I can only shcek that email when I am home so you can also PM through the forums if you have a question or comment. I get those everywhere. So yea,... Bye!

14. tribaloverkill

Update for you guyzzzzzzz.

Nov-28-2005

New revised bottom block. Well actually I end up screwingthis one up so its not the REVISED one. More like an attempt.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The I/O ports are going to be closer together. This will slow down the spin a bit.
    [​IMG]

Here i am using the drill press properly:) You see the bar clamped to the table. Absolutely neccessary. Without it I would be there all day trying to get the bit just right. What you do is raise the table so you know the bit will reach on the down. You lock the table and then with a level on the block with the block on the table,... you line up the bit with the center punch(place to drill). When you got it you clamp the bar riight up next to the block. This way you can just rest the blockl on the bar and you will know that the block is aligned. Thats the vertical postion. Now all you have to do is adjust the horizontal position and make sure its level. once its level lock it down and drill. Vertical position locked.
    [​IMG]

So,... if I was to level it the bit should be right on the line.
    [​IMG]

Leveled.
    [​IMG]

Lock down your piece.
    [​IMG]

Double check to make sure it's juuuuuuuust right.
    [​IMG]

Perfect.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

This was new,... I like it but didnt because it would have to be something made separate from the reservoir,... kinda like an accessory fro the reservoir. I didnt know wether it would of been a good idea. Basiscally,.. it's an extention for a temp probe. Check it out,...
    [​IMG]

Pictures worth a thousand words,.... I was kind of iffy about it,... ehhh, I am kind of glad at what happened next.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I cleaned the damn block off with isopropyl alcohol and this happened,... crazing. I wiped down the first one and there were these little cracks. I couldnt explain them. Well,.. I read up on it and isopropyl reacts with acrylic, crazing it.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh well,... looks like I have to scrap the whole friggin thing:( Lets try again:)

15. tribaloverkill

Wham,... this is the last one,.. you guyz are now caught up, I think.

Nov-29-2005

I remade the bottom block and this is what I got. A little bit sloppy with the gluing there but not very noticeable. I swear if it was a bit worse I would of remade it again, LOL.
    [​IMG]

What a pain in the ass tapping the holes for this thing!!!! This is how I held the block to keep it from turning.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

A bit blurry.
    [​IMG]

Thats better.
    [​IMG]

So,... I just got down making the new coil which is alot better then the last. It's only a 1/4" so it should look more like a coil while turning. I also sanded the outside of the coild while it was still on the pipe. This way its smoooth in shape all the way around. It wont scrath the inside of the reservoir like the last time. I kind of scratched the inside of the coil a bit,... wasnt thinking. I have to figure out how to buff the inside of the coil. I think I know how. Anyways till then,... PEACE OUT!!!

16. tribaloverkill

Whats up guyz,... I slept the whole day away. Damn. Tomorrow I am going to have to double time it. Tomorrow I an hoping that I will be able to seal the new reservoir. Here's a small update. I have two updates for you,... this is the first one.

Dec-04-2005

Heres the new wear and tear free shaft. It's an obvious design:)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Smaller mounting points.
    [​IMG]

Standing up inside the reservoir.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Polished so it's silky smooth. It spins very easily.
    [​IMG]

17. tribaloverkill

ANOTHER UPDATE!!! WHAMM! IN YO FACE UPDATE!!! Ok,.. enough of that,...

Dec-06-2006

My two new coils:) Two strips,... both 1/4" wide.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Neked.
    [​IMG]

Here I am clamping the end of the strips to the pipe at an angle for wrapping. The angle in th epic is a bit much. It's actaully less then whats shown.
    [​IMG]

Wrapped, coiled.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sanding the coil down so it smooth. This way to wont touch the inside the of the reservoir.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Heres after polishing. End the edges are polished. One problem though,... totally slipped my mind,... I scratched the inside of the coil:( Not a problem though. I'll just figure out a way to buff the inside. Maybe a small buffing wheel on an extention. Worst case,... I would have to make them again.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Inside the reservoir. I plan to stech out he coild a bit to give more of a coil look once spinning.
    [​IMG]

Cool!
    [​IMG]

Two.
    [​IMG]

I got my two new tubes in today. I got two 2.5"OD's with 1/8" walls:) Very nice tubes.

18. tribaloverkill

Ok,... I'm back! I had my boy blue-fusion inform you guyz that I was having some pc trouble. I had something on my machine that was causing fatal exceptions every 2 - 3min. I have everything pretty much back and running. I do have an update for you guyz. But first,... I have plans for this weekend to work on this thing day and night. I am even goign to talk to my boss about getting monday and tuesday off too. I'll work day and night then too. I should have it done by the end of that stretch. To the UPDATE!!!!

Dec-08-2005

So,... where was I? Oh yea,... scratched the inside of my coil thingies. I needed a way to buff the inside scratches out. First,... I put the coils back together and taped them so that wouldnt separate.
    [​IMG]

I got the smallest buffing wheel I could find and a nice long bolt with two big washers and matching nuts. LOL. I put them all together and got this. I spun the buffing wheel and used a razor to cut down the buffing wheel to size. WARNING: THAT IS BLOOD YOU SEE.
    [​IMG]

I ran out of polishing compound so I decided to use the blood of a common sea sponge. Where and how did I get the blood of a common see sponge????
    [​IMG]

Yeeeeeeeeea,.....
    [​IMG]

Whaaaa tha?!?!?!?
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hmmmmmm,....
    [​IMG]

DAAAAYUM!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

So yea:) First,... you stick it inside, just like that, yea :shock: . Depending on how tight it is inside determines how fast you can go :shock: . To tight and to fast will cause everything to heat up :shock: !!! Damn,... *I'm laughing, hold on.*
    [​IMG]

When done,... perfection. Still have to clean it off a bit. Still has some polishing compound on it.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Heres what I have planned for the coil arm things. This is an arm. There will be like 3 - 4 up top and 3 - 4 below.
    [​IMG]

Here I am gluing a practice one to test for strength. You dont need to vise it,... I dont know why I did.
    [​IMG]

CRAZING!!! I think it has to do with something. LOL. Made no sence. I think its because the acrylic is thin. I dont know. The rod is 1/4" though. I didnt have any problems with crazing with the other reservoir and it was 1/4". I think it has something to do with the agent strength or speed of curing, thickness of material, and temperature. I have to play around with it. Anyways,... I just just checked it now after it sat over night like that,... strong as hell! AMAZING!! I thought it would snap right off. I could snap it off. Great! It's going to look very clean.
    [​IMG]

Here are some pics I took of the UV blue acrylic I have. I am cutting up a 12" x 12" sheet for blue-fusion, another modder here. This is some cool stuff!!! I am definitely using this for my next computer:)

Almost clear!!!
    [​IMG]

A bit of UV light and WHAM! BLUE BABY!!! So damn cool. Almost my favorite UV color now:)
    [​IMG]

So,... yea. Can't wait for the weekend:) I want to thank Gruntman from GruntvillE.com for hosting all my images even though some of them don't really have anything to do with modding, LOL. THANKS GMAN!

19. tribaloverkill

Ok,... I worked on the reservoir for several hours yesterday all the way up to 1am. I will be working on it all night tonight. Here are pics from yesterday.

Dec-11-2005

Stretching the coil out.
    [​IMG]

Theres a 1/2" gap.
    [​IMG]

I have to make little arm thingies. Eight of them. Remember how I use to tape large pieces of acrylic together to make two identical pieces for say windows. Well,... this time I am going to use super glue. These pieces are two small for tape. So super glue will be fine. Actually,... super glue is better because the pieces actually touch where there is a tiny gap with tape. This way is more accurate.
    [​IMG]

Glued.
    [​IMG]

Trimmed down for messuring.
    [​IMG]

Done. It was hard with eight,... so next time I thinkI will only do say 4 at a time. It kept wanting to tip. It has to be flat on the table while sanding.
    [​IMG]

How cool is thiS!!! Polished!!!

Kind of hard getting them apart but they are untouched by the glue. i basically glue the tape coverings together while the tape held the pieces together.
    [​IMG]

THIS WAS A PAIN!!! I hated every moment of it. I thought I could come up with some sort of mathematical method of doing it but because the coil is not perfect,... I couldnt. So I had to glue these things on one bye one checking them and then checking them again before gluing. PAIN! But cool looking. Looks like a missle or something. I messed up some places with teh glue. I use a syringe for gluing. i dont use the plunger I just tilt it and it come pooring out. If I could more easily regulate how much comes out it would be that much better.

So I sanded it clean and then,...
    [​IMG]

Flame polished it. I had to be mad careful,... because this thing will lose its shap very easy!!! The last thing I want is for the shaft to get bent by even a little! This took ahile to do just because of that.
    [​IMG]

All done:)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

That looks so much better then the first:) All my remakes come out looking better:) Well,... I am about to close this thing up BUT before I do that I am goign to test this thing out first. I just want to make sure it spins ok with the new bottom block. I dont want to glue this thing together just to find out its crap. So,.. yea. I haveto go out to the store. I burnt my damn pizza working on this thing. I wonder how much food will be lost because of my work? Hmmm,... I dont know. Goign to get some pizza. Oh,... I have MSN and AIM running now,... I use tribaloverkill for both. If I do not answer,... well, that measn I cant:) But I will try and get a hold of you:) PEACE!

20. tribaloverkill

It works!!! No bubbless in the loop!!! Once all the bubbles are trapped the bubblle chamber,... they stay there!!! HOT! I also have bad news:( There was alot of crazing:( The res is leaking because of it. Let me show you the pics and the videos first and then when can talk about our options on how to fix it. Pics,...

Dec-12-2005

Heres everything smooth and sanded.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Rounded edges.

Polished.

Both of them.

This is full speed. 1/2" barbs just the pump and the reservoir. Camera is still crappy.
    http://www.tribaloverkill.com/studi...5_xPO352r/Dec-12-2005/Dec-12-2005_movie_0.wmv

Here I pulsed the spin so it was slower. I didnt start and stops too so you could have atleast a taste of how cool it is. There are no bubbles cycling though the loop either!! You can see the bubble in the first video just sitting there while the rest of the reservoir is spinning like crazy!!
    http://www.tribaloverkill.com/studi...5_xPO352r/Dec-12-2005/Dec-12-2005_movie_1.wmv

Ok,... so bubble chamber is a success. The coil is a success. Wht sucks is that the reservoir body and the bubble chamber ring had crazed. I was goign to ask you what route I should take,... just glue it and move on or,... well,... what I am going to do is cut the top and middle, and bottom pieces away from the body and bubble rings. I will sand down those pieces to remove the remaining material from the body. I'll polish those pieces down and get them ready for a second chance. I will make a new body and bubble ring. This time I will keep those two pieces from heating up. I might even anneal them but that takes hours. So,... this is important. Crazing is caused by internal stress. Internal stress is caused by heat. When you glue,... the glue tears the molecules apart because they are or have been weakened. You fix this you can anneal it. To anneal you cook the acrylic in the oven at 180 degree, about. I would really go any higher. It's about one hour for every milimeter of thickness. 1/8" is 3 milimeters so that would be 3 hours of cook time. Its the same for cooling. You want to cool it slowly. Remember the pic where I had the reservoir bodu on the tool box? I said I was heatsinking it to cool it fast? Well,.. it was the fact that I let is heat up that much and then ontop of it I cooled it down quick. I didnt do that with teh first reservoir body. Thats why there was no crazing,.. only crazing was from the alcohol. So dont heat your acrylic up! keep it cool. And if it does let it cool down slowly. Oh,... and if you cook it in the oven,... keep the door open. acrylci outgases when heated. You dont want your oven to explode:) I read about this online by searching for I believe,... weld-on crazing.