1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trumpet Blowing 2009...cont

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Majik, 25 Apr 2009.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Forget 9 months mate, 3 months ago (just before you started posting on the forums IIRC) you and I were in a head to head race for position. Then you started producing over 100K/day and left me for dust :hehe:

Well done, definately the fastest 7 million I've seen or heard of my time being a member of the project :thumb:

Vince, well done matey! I'll be a long time hitting 9 mil as well believe me ;)

2. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

Oh yeah thats true but its all good fun and worth leaving my own point score for :D

3 Months? I've been using the forums since Feb mate ;) :p but I can remember getting to the 1 million mark which took quite a while until......

[STORY]...One morning at the bottom of my garden an Nvidia tree grew and started leaving me some nice ripe GTX260's! Unfortunately Its roots weren't big enough just yet to leave me any 295's but then one evening I heard a noise, I ran to the window only to see it being uprooted and tied to the back of a red 3 wheeled van with 'EVGA Independent Traders' written down the side, knowing I wouldn't catch it in my Evo because I cant afford its gearbox rebuild due to folding hardware impulse buying I knew it was the end, I just stood there with a tear in my eye [/STORY]
    :waah: :hehe: :lol: :hehe: :lol:

LMAO I actually found that amusing while writing it! Yes im sad & disturbed but im blaming it on the cider ive been drinking for the last 2 hours! :p

Oh yeah where has Saspro gone? not seen him on here for a while and hes not in the top 20 so im assuming hes on hol or is on a major farm rebuild or something?!

3. Unicorn

Oops, sorry. I actually thought you popped up shortly after I started folding again mate (in Feb also). Old age is getting to me :rolleyes:

I wouldn't worry too much, the same thing happens me on a regualr basis (and Clive from what I hear). Work, family life or other real life activities often get in the way of me checking the forums every day or couple of days. Recently I haven't been bad, but do you remember the "I'm not dead" thread started by me a while back? ;)

As for his stats dropping, maybe he's also like me and in the middle of an overhaul. I'm pairing my rigs down into fewer rigs with more cards in each. I'm trying to do away with the dual card dedicated rigs, because they make for uneconomical folding :p

4. JackOfAll

JackOfAll What's a Dremel?

That's the problem with real life! It gets in the way of all those important but non-essentials like browsing the forums. lol.

5. Unicorn

Quite true. Gaming has suffered more for me this year amongst "leisure" activities online than anything. I dare say my pinpoint accurate aim and quick reactions in CS:S are fairly rusty by now, I haven't played in more than 3 months (compared to no less than 20 hours a week when I'm active and keeping my aim and reaction times polished).

Ho hum, the sacrifices we have to make for work :rolleyes:

Hopefully I'll get playing again soon, when my workload decreases on account of my summer job ending when I go back to uni at the end of the month, reducing the total occupation count to one full time, one part time as opposed to 2 full time, one part time :hehe:

6. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Had a powercut last Friday for the whole weekend so took a while to get back on line, the linux box running bigadv also crashed halfway through a WU.

I'm away next week but I'm still going to be online.

I'm working my way back up the lists.

7. JackOfAll

That's good to hear. I wondered why you were not back on the Top 20 leader board after we stopped the CPC thing.

8. coolamasta

Ah that sucks mate :( glad its all back online again though, thought you were secretly building dual xeon rigs :p lol

I am liking these bigdevs though, nice little bonus every 2.5 days :D

9. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Worst thing is that my farm looks to be down again. Can't tell if it's lecky or internet though (I'm sure I set the meachines to boot on restoration of AC power)

10. coolamasta

Nooooooooooooooo thats crap :(
    Your away now aren't you, can you get someone to go have a look for you?

Hit 10,000 work units yesterday woooop :D

11. JackOfAll

Too late! I gave a regal wave as I overtook him! :D

12. johnim40

johnim40 Minimodder

just over 4 million last night and just over 7000 wus

13. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Nice overtake.

I'll be back online soon. Got someone to go and check out the problem for me.
    Folding will be running soon.

14. JackOfAll

Good, good, good. Reign me back in...... :thumb:

15. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

Congrats phoenicis on a prestigious 40M points :thumb:

[​IMG]

16. JackOfAll

Yes, I second that with bells on! That's quite an achievement on personally owned, non-corporate hardware.

17. Unicorn

:clap: Congrats phoenicis! Impressive indeed :jawdrop: One day... :rolleyes:

18. coolamasta

Blimey! :jawdrop: Last time I looks you were on 32 mill, way to go mate, well done :thumb: :clap::rock:

19. spunkymonkey

spunkymonkey phoenicis wannabe

20. spunkymonkey

spunkymonkey phoenicis wannabe

a quicky question for our champion phoenicis.
    are all your rigs at home mate?
    cheers spunky