1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Turing finally gets an apology

Discussion in 'General' started by gnutonian, 11 Sep 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gnutonian

gnutonian What's a Dremel?

So, what do us (homosexual, heterosexual and asexual) geeks think of this?

Alan Turing got a posthumous apology from UK PM(TM) Gordon Brown himself! Exciting.

"Sorry we forced you to chose between prison and chemical castration!"

So, Britain fights the Germans, who discriminate against homosexuals, commies, jews and the like - in America (who joins the fight, as you know) black people are considered second-rank citizens at best, but they fight against this evil discriminating government anyway.

Then this dirty criminal faggot helps crack the Enigma code, and they repay him with punishment. Nice.

Ahh, 1950s science... masturbation caused a lot of bad things, homosexuality is a mental illness/can be cured/is a choice (depending on the year/who you were listening to)...

Thank you, UK, for setting things right. Unfortunately, Mr Turing is dead, and won't benefit from your apology. At all. Because he's been long dead, and you're apology's half-a-****ing-century too late.

I love democracy and populism, I do, I do! (I've been told that that I do, I do! crap is something that's funny to Britons for some reason. I don't know why. I don't get it. But if it made you smile, feel free to send me money.)

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Repost. It's a news article as well. :)

p.s. You criticize the UK for its treatment of people, but the French aren't exactly sin-free. Every country has a past which most people regret.

gnutonian likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.