1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Turtle Beach Impact 700 and Grip 500 Reviews

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 14 May 2015.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Turtle Beach and build quality are rare bedfellows in my experience, if their headsets are anything to go by.

Then again, I don't care how well built that keyboard is, I won't be paying £160 to find out.

Sounds like they've gone for the "it costs a lot, so it must be good" crowd. The same people who buy Beats headphones, no doubt. ;)

3. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

I would like to question the quality of the first, plain image as the keys not only look cheap and nasty, they look battered and I assume that they haven't exactly seen much wear and tear. Even without the back-lighting on at all it is not a pretty keyboard to look at and certainly does not stand out as a quality product to me. Personally I feel that the score of 82 is excessive and would have maybe believed a score of mid 70's but at that price too, 70-72 max for me. The only recommendation I would give it would be one of avoidance.

4. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

They look no different (aside maybe from legends) to the ones I had on my Ducky to me? I'm assuming you're making these judgements based on actually using one right?

It's bloody expensive for what it is though. That's the same cost as a K95, which nets you full RGB backlighting, a choice in switches and a bank of extra macro keys, albeit at the cost of normal keycap support. That's without thinking about the more boutique offerings available at that price point ether.

5. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Yeah they don't have the best reputation but I've no complaints as far as build quality of the keyboard goes. I believe they are manufactured completely separate.

6. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

I usually try to photograph products immediately upon opening, but on this occassion I couldn't, so there's a little dust. I think the lighting is a little harsh too; not my best photo. But as has been pointed out they're not really any different to any other standard laser-engraved, ABS keycap you'll find.

7. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

I really don't like the legends (font) as it looks dated, like something I would have seen when I was at school some 20+ years ago. I can't explain exactly why but that was my first impression.

As for the keys themselves, no, I don't have one to play with Maki role I am going purely by the images but from those it looks very... used, much looked after, but used none the less. It seems to have the kind of polished look that matt surfaces pick up after a lot of use. Again, that is my impression from the images.

Images of other keyboards have often left me thinking how nice they look or even longing to have one myself, this keyboard left me feeling rather disappointed. You may like it's look as is your prerogative but that is a difference of opinion.

Tags: Add Tags