1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TVs tv tuner compatible with win 7

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by yamin151, 22 Apr 2010.

1. yamin151

yamin151 It all started with the 464!!!

Hi all,

Plan to be using my new build as a tv/recorder as well. Does anyone have any experience of a TV tuner PCI-e which works ok with win 7. Happy to spend up to about 80 pounds,

J

2. cybergenics

cybergenics What's a Dremel?

Hauppauge should be ok. Avoid Terratec, not even sure their drivers work for Vista, even though they say they do !

3. jbloggs

jbloggs What's a Dremel?

My experience with a Terratec Cinergy 2400i DT (Freeview) has been the complete opposite, have it (and a Hauppauge WinTV Nova HD S2 - Freesat) working without problems in Win 7 MediaCenter...
    ________
    BONG

Last edited: 20 Aug 2011
  4. cybergenics

cybergenics What's a Dremel?

Not everyone had issues, otherwise they wouldn't be in business any more. As it happens I also have the 2400i. Worked great in XP though.

5. thewelshbrummie

thewelshbrummie Minimodder

My Compro E700 is working beautifully in my Win 7 HTPC - it provides twin DVB-T. Cost me £50 from ebay 3ish years ago and has been pretty solid in Vista as part of my gaming rig.

It's discontinued but now exists as the E700F which provides a better remote and Vista support, though as my older pre-Vista model is still supported with 7 drivers (that work with Win 7 HP 64bit).

I've not used any Hauppauge tuners but the Nova-T 500 comes in at the same price - and one person I know who uses it has had no problems with it. I went with the Compro as it allows you to use the remote to switch on/off the PC (by routing the power button front panel cable via the card) and supports recording from standby.