TV Tuner

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tranc3, 3 Jul 2008.

1. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

So im thinking about a TV tuner card to put in my micro atx system. only two proplems, has to be $50~, and PCI-Express x1. I'd be using this mainly for my xbox 360, so quality is a big concern. I was looking at
    [​IMG]
    Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1250 MC - White Box 1187 PCI-Express x1 Interface

It looks like exactly what im looking for but any one know how good the video is on these tuners? or any suggestions to different ones?

Last edited: 3 Jul 2008
  2. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Doesn't the Xbox 360 have a VGA cable you can use to directly hook it up instead?

3. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

Well i have an windscreen and it stretches horribly, i have that and tried it.

4. wongy2803

wongy2803 What's a Dremel?

if I remember correctly from when I had a 360 you could set the VGA resolution in the display setting to a wide-screen resolution. which would reduce/remove picture distortion.

5. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

it dose reduce it some but, it's still greatly stretched. :( I had a thread on here about the stretching. I'm kinda wanting a tv tuner, a decent one so i can record. and im also looking at a second monitor some time to.

6. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

You will get a noticable lag using a card like this, best thing to do is just get a VGA cable

7. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

eh, well i already have one. just don't like the stretching. i guess I'm still going to have to buy a tv then. Right now its on a 14" crt tv. it's not a very pretty sight.

8. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Stretching? Just modify it so you have the switch elsewhere?

9. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

well i use to run it on my monitor but then i realized how bad it was stretching it when i would look at screen shots and for instance. the gta 4 charters would look a good "foot" taller in the screen shots. i think it works better on non widescreen monitors b/c test drive unlimited would look like toy cars on the widescreen.
    modify what switch? im not suing a switch. its the Microsoft vga cable. for the 3box 360.