1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Twitchy windows

Discussion in 'Software' started by acidfire, 1 Feb 2007.

1. acidfire

acidfire What's a Dremel?

I seem to be having an issue with the UI in windows. Things like the system clock and viewing my music library are, for lack of a better word, twitching/blinking and its really starting to get on my nerves. Anyone else ever had this issue?

2. crazybob

crazybob Voice of Reason

I think usually when Windows starts to do something very unusual like that it's time to run a virus scan and whatever other scans you can think of, including spybot and adaware.

3. acidfire

its seems to mostly just affect how windows renders part of it's gui, bits of media player, and the system clock. Nothing turned up in my scans

4. crazybob

crazybob Voice of Reason

Is there any chance it's only happening to windows that use certain effects? If it's not universal it's a bit confusing, but you might try updating or reinstalling video drivers.

5. acidfire

It seems to be parts of the gui that are updated often or quickly. I'm thinking its my video card tho, since i cant watch a video full screen without it corrupting and crashing
    on me. I'm away from home so I'm gonna try a fresh install when i get in monday night.

Tags: