1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ubisoft: No Assassin's Creed in 2011

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 9 Jul 2010.

1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

it's not out for PC yet, or Novembertt isn't November?

2. darko 161

darko 161 What's a Dremel?

I love assassin creed for me it's the best game and I don't want the assassin creed developer to take a breath because I want them to create the assassin creed 4 (and sorry for my english because I'm french).

3. Lucasfrank

Lucasfrank What's a Dremel?

Wow! Ac1 wasn't amazing but ac2 and 3 are both amazing and revolutionary for action games. I cannot wait for ac4! Every game ends in an amazing twist which leaves you begging for the next one. Whatever gave you the impression that the game was "dire"?? Are you sure you were playing the same game as the one in question?

Mod Edit: It's OK to disagree, but don't flame others here please

4. Monster1986

Monster1986 What's a Dremel?

AC1 was good but not great. It was a bit repetitive in the fact that the missions were all the same. AC2 on the other had was great. There was much more to do and it wasn’t all the same. Got AC:BH for Christmas this year from my fiancée and she hates the creators because I have played it for 3 days hours at a time. Same as 2 a range of different things to do. Loved the assassin recruit thing. It gave the game that "leader" type role being that Ezio is the one who the prophecy told about. On that note in my opinion the story line was amazing. Its like reading a good book that you cant put down. It keeps you wanting to know what happens next. I think the break is a good thing because it is true you don’t want your customers to get played out with it. I do think you shouldn’t wait till 2013. I would like to see it late 2011 early 2012. But that’s because I want to know what happens next.
    The ending was one of those leave you on the edge of your seat (desmond gaining the Piece of Eden and killing Lucy).
    I mean come on now I HAVE to play the next in the sequel. But over all one of the best games I ever played.

Last edited by a moderator: 5 Feb 2011
  5. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

spoiler tags please, some of us have only just started Brotherhood and don't want to know the ending yet.

6. breer

breer What's a Dremel?

a c

assassins creed is the best game i`ve ever played !!!
    please let there be another game !!!
    please please please please !!!! :) <3

7. toyo~2nr

toyo~2nr What's a Dremel?

Personally i agree with Ubisoft to quote "take a breather" because the guitar hero game are the perfect example of what happens when a company puts out game after game with out a little break period between releases. I would love to see the fourth game be released soon but in the same note some gamers may get burnt out and bored with it quickly. Not only that but the game designers are probably sick and tired of seeing assassians and templars on there screens. UBisoft has put alot of time, money, and resourses into making these games as historicly acurate as possible and for that I give them a great deal of respect. The AC games are the best game I have ever played and I love them but as with any thing good to much of it can be a bad thing and taking a break to either work on other games or to just have a little vacation is probibly the best thing to do because people do get tired of somthing being put out to fast. For me personally I can't stand seeing a new music game released ever six months or so. As for when they do rease AC4 i will be in line to get my copy, I'll even preorder it as soon as find out that I can. I allready knew that there is going to be a fourth because just like 1 and 2 they left the ending of three, as far as the back story of Desmond, wide open. it is a good idea to release 4 in 2013 or at least late 2012, granted I won't get burnt out on it if they release it this year because I want to know how it all ends even if that means they make 2 or even 3 more AC games to compete the story I would still buy and play them days on end, but the way there doing it is going to make number 4 fly off the selves like 2 and 3 did, and I'll be one of those "gamer freaks" standing in line to get my copy on release day.

8. Sam12112

Sam12112 What's a Dremel?

No no no they don't need a breather I love all the assassins creeds I started out on brotherhood and beat that and loved it! So I went to assassins creed 2 and loved that one to so than I bought the first one and I just started it so far the only bad thing is there is no counter (yet) and the ppl have no faces (hahaha) but other than that pretty good. I think they shouldn't wait just make another one but take there time with it if it takes a year or so. So be it but it better be good.
    And the whole Alien thing was cool but I don't like how the girl dies hopes she comes back.
    Just as long as I can assassinate 2 ppl in the faces again I'm happy (man I love that):thumb:

9. WhitiGoFreeRun

WhitiGoFreeRun What's a Dremel?

i agree the first one was not very good. The story line, is just absolutely top notch but the gameplay couldve used some tweeking. But i bought the two sequels and they are amazing! I suggest you buy number 2 before you put harsh comments like that on

10. WhitiGoFreeRun

WhitiGoFreeRun What's a Dremel?

Yea but just remember that guitar hero compared with assassins creed 1, 2 or 3 sux ass. assassins creed series is what gaming is all about

11. Camero35

Camero35 What's a Dremel?

wtf

Well you are an ass assassins creed 2 would have to be the best game in the series brotherhood comes close

12. Loki9828

Loki9828 What's a Dremel?

I have played all the AC games, just finished Brotherhood a few minutes ago. I love this series and hope that the "breather" doesn't take to long. I really want to see where the story goes from here.

13. Loki9828

Loki9828 What's a Dremel?

AC 4?

I have played all the AC games, just finished brotherhood. I'm really hoping that they don't take too much of a breather because I'm hooked and the storyline and I want to see where it goes from here.

14. tarikgazko

tarikgazko What's a Dremel?

I think the breather is a very bad idea for AC, because ACB was the best game ive ever played. I have not played AC2, but ive played AC1, but i didnt get the chance to beat the first assasins creed. What I think is that AC should not take a breather ad start on the game as soon as possible.
    My 1st question : what ever happened to Altair? Why didnt they kept on playing with Altair, instead of Ezio?
    This didnt make sense and AC dont explain it to us.
    My 2nd question: What happens to Lucy? If AC wants to make another game, they should start off where desmond was and the apple of Eden. Because if they start off with another guy, then AC sucks.
    thank you for my time and reply .

15. tarikgazko

tarikgazko What's a Dremel?

Assassin's Creed 3 should start off
    where Lucy gets killed by Desmond.
    Thats all i can say. And this game rocks .
    2 questions: Why did they not go on with Altair's story? Why did they go on with Ezio and not Altair?:
    Why did the Apple of Eden control Desmond and kill Lucy?
    PS: UBISOFT YOU BETTER HEAR ME OUT, WHEN YOU START OFF A NEW ASSASSIN'S CREED, START OFF OF WHAT HAPPENS TO DESMOND, THE APPLE OF EDEN, LUCY AND THE OTHER GUYS.
    done said
    thank you

16. colindrewaltair

colindrewaltair What's a Dremel?

i want another assassins creed in 2011

i'm a huge assassins creed fan i want them to do the same as call of duty and make a ton more assassin creed games and i liked how they had two ezio games it got me tired of ezio unlike wit altair i want one more with altair(not repetitive) so i can get sick of him too but i wanna see a new assassin cant wait to see the new assassin and i say make one every year i don't need a breather if you released one every month i would get every one (as long as it was good quality but probably not in a month) but one every year would be cool also i want to see more weapons but no more shop quests those are stupid mainly because they're hard

17. ObeyTheCreed

ObeyTheCreed What's a Dremel?

I definitely agree that Assassin's Creed needs a breather, I know what it's like to love a game but get sick of it cause it kept being released every year. I used to play Guitar Hero everyday, now it's not even a shadow of it's former glory. I love Assassin's Creed but I think we can all agree that the best comes to those who wait.
    Thanks,
    ObeyTheCreed

18. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

This was explained in the begining of AC2 (which Brotherhood follows). After Lucy helps desmond escape from Abstergo the assassins want Desmond to train to become one of them.
    IIRC, Ezio was considered one of the best assassins in Desmonds bloodline and was therefore used for Desmond to train using the "Bleeding Effect" in the animus.
    As I see it, AC:B continues Desmonds training moving this time it's changed a bit from learning moves to more of a leadership role.

Altair was used by Abstergo in the first game to find the location of the Apple (there is a brief reference in AC2 to Altair in one of desmonds flashbacks)

If Ubisoft stay true to form, the next game should start where the last one ends (they have so far, AC2 started with Desmonds escape from Abstergo and Brotherhood started with their getaway from the Assassins hideout in AC2).
    Despite the main character you control being Ezio (or Altair in the first game), Assassin's Creed really is Desmond's story so no matter who the next playable character is Desmond's story will still be a part of the game.

Also, please use spoiler tags, some of us haven't completed the game yet: I've just got to the mission where
    I've got to save the Actor from the Borgia's Butcher
    . I'm taking my time with it trying to get all the side missions done as I see them.

19. AC RESPECT

AC RESPECT What's a Dremel?

Well, the game is made for people who aren't culture barbarians...

20. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I've gone through this thread and added spoiler tags, as Blademrk says, some people may not have finished the game yet so please don't keep telling everyone the ending!

Also to note is that Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is not AC3, if you want to give it a number it's AC2.5. The next one will be AC3 not AC4. :thumb: