1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ubisoft won't comment on Jade Raymond rumours

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 11 Jul 2008.

1. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I'm going to have to add in a comment from Kotaku which sums up my feelings about some of the comments in this thread:

2. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

Cogito is a cock.

It's not sexist or disrespectful to say that she is an attractive woman. It WOULD be disrespectful to say that that's all she's good for, but that's not true. She is an intelligent woman who's making some good games (I actually really liked Assassin's Creed, and I didn't even know she made it).

Our friend Cogito needs to revise his/her definitions of sexism and compliment, stop being such a dick who is clearly just saying this just out of contempt for conformity. Stop being such a dick and ignore the comments if you don't like them.

It's not even as though there's much to discuss in this article, it's completely arbitrary.

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I don't think it is, the thread title is "Jade Raymond" not, "I Am Alive", the title leads you to believe that it's something about a person, when in fact, it's about a game titled I Am Alive which has Jade Raymond "supposedly" on the team.
    Even 1up has commented on it http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164444
    Gaming needs to grow up and learn that you focus on the games, not on the people behind it. The game itself sounds like a good game, I like freedom games where you don't have to use violence as much.

And Timmy: Grow up, your first line of that response shows your faults.

4. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Seeing as compliments seem to be out I for one cannot wait for that womens next repetitive bore fest of a game to be out /yawn >_<

5. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

I will not grow up. I'm sick of people who take a moral high ground based upon maturity. If you're so mature, don't offend EVERYONE who just posted in this thread by posting a quote positing that they are all immature little kids with the emotional capacity of a doorbell. Stop being such a "morally superior" dick and provoking verbal abuse at you which you are only going to use to incorporate into your argument that our behaviour is "unacceptable", and thus turn it back at us (ie, me). Would you rather I went out and murdered someone? Or raped Jade Raymond? No, I don't think you would, would you... You arsehole.

People like you REALLY piss me off, and I just can't help swearing because you're such a ****ing ****.

I mean, this is an internet forum for christ's sake? Do I really have to conduct myself with the utmost decorum?

Last edited: 12 Jul 2008
  6. Major

Major Guest

http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/pics4/jade_raymond_and_team.jpg

A "proper" picture of her.

And about talking about her, people respond in such a way because games and game developing are normally to do with "geeks" and "Ugly people", and when a over average woman comes into the scene, it's like wow, were did she come from?

And mature people don't play games, period. ;)

7. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

It doesn't help that Ubi seem to be shoving her under a spotlight every chance they get.

8. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Well, why shouldn't they? It obviously gets their target audience all fired up.
    :rolleyes:

9. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

True

10. KMS-oul

KMS-oul You think you know me.

Demos are good.To test out my new 4870 I dled the crysis demo and I did not enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Saved me 30 bucks.

11. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

the people behind her are exactly how I picture game programmers.

12. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I went to her school.

13. C0nKer

C0nKer What's a Dremel?

At Bikini Bottom? You guys go schooling there in scuba gears or something? :hehe:

I agree with previous posters, someone just needed to put her picture up.

She's pretty, and I have to say she has quite an impressive resume. Clearly she got where she is more than just on looks.

Although there's no denying her looks play a big role in her current POPULARITY(not her job or anything). Come on, who cares much about the producers of other games anyway, unless you're talking about Konami or Nintendo or PC developers. At least not enough to 'fabricate' stories to put up her picture. :D

I have to disagree a bit with Major though. It's just another form of entertainment. Just because you are entertaining yourself with it doesn't mean you are immature.

And lastly on I Am Alive, why no consideration for the Wii? I do believe it would make a good Wii game.

Last edited: 13 Jul 2008
  14. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

It's funny how many people assume that though. I've seen many people posting who are obviously fed up with her being in gaming news all the time about how she only got her position on looks and she's just a producer so she doesn't actually have anything to do with making the game and she's still bad at doing that. I'm not sure where people are getting this from.

15. boggsi

boggsi What's a Dremel?

QFT.

First time I've seen her or heard anything about her, I appreciate the witticisms and jokes. I personally wouldn't implicate she had her job just because she was hot. I would suggest she gets a lot more press because she is breaking of the stereotype, but thats my opinion.

Internet white knights need to get a life.

16. Proteus

Proteus What's a Dremel?

She is well fit. I can see people buying games that she is involved in simply because of her looks.

17. deltaworld

deltaworld What's a Dremel?

Thats a load of bollocks proteus. People dont buy games just because of how the producer of the game looks like. Hell, I bought the game and I had no idea what she looked like before I bought the game. People buy games because of how good the game is. There are other factors like Price / Retail Cover Design / Advertising / Demo Play / Recommendations / Reviews and not what the producer looks like

If that was the case, most people would not buy most games that are out.. lol

18. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

BT should add a question in its survey:

"Would you buy a game if the development team was a bunch of models?"

I'm certain that there is no correlation with a pretty developer and my decision to buy the game said developer had worked on. That's just stupid.

19. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Yeah, McGill up in Montreal. But I don't speeka de frenchais very well.

Anyway, you're right about her looks lending to her popularity. It's nothing more than one of those Jessica Chobot fanaticisms.

20. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Tssss! It's just a lame excuse article, so the editors can drool over Jane again. It surprises me that Bit-Tech has not requested any interview with her allready. Oh! maybe BT did already a few hundred times but BT got rejected.... all hundred times...

So where did I left my tissue box...

Tags: Add Tags