1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unfinalized DVD - What do I do?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by NoahFuLing, 10 Dec 2006.

1. NoahFuLing

NoahFuLing What's a Dremel?

A recent video project at school left two of my classmates stranded with a mini DVD-RW from a DVD-burning camcorder, unfinalized. It doesn't play in any DVD player, and the data doesn't show up anywheres. However, programs like Nero show that 1.2gb is used, but no current tracks. How do I make this data readable? I assume that I have to finalize it, but I'm wary of accidentally overwriting data. I have Nero 7 Ultra, with all the fun bells and whistles. Any and all help is appreciated, and I'm willing to spend time playing around with it, or providing more information.

2. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

Once the DVD is in the drive, click the "info button", it will show all the sessions, then you should have to option to close the session or the entire disc. If you close the disc you can not make anymore sessions. By clossing sessions/disc, you will not loose any data.

3. NoahFuLing

NoahFuLing What's a Dremel?

Nero's info shows no sessions, but 1 track with 1.17ish GB used. What do I do now? There is no option to close the session/track in the info window, and the help offers no help, ironically.

4. Panze

Panze What's a Dremel?

Well, if you got a chance you could try to put it back in the camera it was made on, and check if you can finalize it there.

5. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

mmm..its a bit strange how it says theres no session, but tells you there is a track.

Have you tried the disc in another drive? another pc? Also try and find out why the camcorder did not finalise it. Try the manual, does it write the data in a special format?

i did find this:
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=686478&postcount=2

which says use this
    http://www.batchdisc.com/
    use the finalise command.
    it may help.