1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education uni in da uk

Discussion in 'General' started by Virtblue, 10 Sep 2003.

  1. Virtblue

    Virtblue What's a Dremel?

    10 Mar 2002
    Likes Received:
    well im an expat in the us right now but i shll be sending in my ucas form soon. but ot be honest i have no clue where to apply to. i want to major in physics and compsci or compeng. and i need unlimited broadband :) any ideas?
  2. Mister_Tad

    Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

    27 Dec 2002
    Likes Received:
    im from the US and i go to nottingam and do computer science
    so do that, it works for me :D

    and plenty of broadband in halls of residence for £70 a year, unlimited
    not lived in halls for 2 years though, but im sure it hasnt changed
  3. Alaric

    Alaric code assassin

    3 Nov 2001
    Likes Received:
    as an ex-pat have you gone to an international school and done a-levels? What grades you expected to get in them (or any other qualifications you've done)?

    Most of the major unis will do net connections in the first year in halls these days. The degree of downloading/games that they'll tolerate varies though. Places like Warwick (which is good for compsci and alright for physics) have a student run network to a certain degree so are more friendly to it than my uni (Cambridge) where the room connections are run by the uni (but can get it for all three years)

    The choice will normally come down to how good qualifications you have in this country though.


Share This Page