Case Mod - In Progress Uninterestingly Named Project

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by jspace, 29 Apr 2009.

1. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

Nice hardware dude, sucks that it wouldn't boot. That board is a riot, it should give you a lot of overclocking fun!
    And now you even have the cat to match, i'm beginning to like this thread!

What else have you planned for that sidepanel?

2. jspace

jspace What's a Dremel?

Paint and mesh.:D

Well, turns out the PSU was the culprit. Tried a NeoHE I wasn't using and everything worked fine. Not sure what's up with that...

Did some experimenting with the rattlecans. My idea is to have it look black from far away, but be a very dark green close up. I first thought British Racing Green would be perfect, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I don't exactly have to tools to use automotive paint.:cry:

Upped pics of the rads. Before anyone freaks out, There will be no wires visible once everything is done.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yes, that is electrical tape:D
    [​IMG]

All (6) of the fans are set to run at 5v. I don't think it's all that loud, but it does have a nice "rumble":hehe:

I have a lot of things to do tomorrow, and I leave Saturday morning, until the 28th. Next updates will be OCing progress (got it stable at 333x10.5, btw) and paint:thumb:

Until then, happy modding!:dremel:

3. Bullitdodger

Bullitdodger If it ain't broke....Tweak it.

:thumb:

Looking good man....:thumb:

4. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I really hope you still have proper solders under those ghetto electrical tapes! :D Heat shrink tube isn't really all that exotic or expensive...

Nice cat as well, and the gore gets approval as well. Anyway try as I might, I couldn't find a foot shot! And seeing you've already made the top blow holes and the side panel cuts, the feet should already have been visible. The only possible reason for this is total lack of legs.

5. DonT-FeaR

DonT-FeaR I know what a fk'n Dremel is ok.:D

nice work man.. that would raw at 12v each

6. jspace

jspace What's a Dremel?

You mean I shouldn't just twist the wires together?:worried:
    Yes, everything is soldered together and the tape is what it is; insulation. I realize it looks bad, but there shouldn't be any wires visible when everything is completed. Out of sight, out of mind IMO. If I get bored sometime I will probably go back and do it "properly."

How did you know!:eeek: