1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Upgrade thoughts?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sentinel-R1, 21 Aug 2023.

1. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Well, the drive for a white/silver aesthetic ultimately pushed me to a final spec:

Gigabyte Z790 Aero G (to match the Gigabyte Vision 3080Ti)
    64GB Corsair 6000 C30 White
    Corsair H150i RGB Elite White (prefer the cleaner look and simpler RGB over Capellix)
    Corsair RMx1000

Also opted for a Thermal Grizzly contact frame to claw back 8-10c thermal headroom and hopefully keep the fan noise down.

Looking forward to building it up when all the components arrive this week. Pics to follow!

Vault-Tec likes this.
  2. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Well... all finished.. for now...

13900k is still stock but as I'm completely GPU limited at 4K still, particularly in Starfield :D.... then there's no rush for me to OC or undervolt just yet.

After the initial build, I was hitting 100c on P-Cores 5 & 7 in a single CineR23 multi thread run, which seems to be a common issue, particularly with Cores 5 & 7 for some reason? Anyway, the Thermal Grizzly contact frame arrived today and now they top out at 87c as the hottest core. Package idle is down to 34c in a 23c room, so the frames are worth the investment for sure.

As for the rest of it, there's a couple of bits i'd like to reattack. Namely the 2x 12v EPS cables. They're not as tidy as the 24pin ATX or the 2x8 PCIE.. but it's a tight bend and limited room due to the AIO.. so we'll see what I can manage i guess.

Airflow is much improved thanks to the addition of the 3x side intake 120's. Running positive air pressure at 6x in, 4x out and GPU temps are down a few degrees as a result. The 5000D is a bloomin' brilliant case though and such a doddle to build in.

With it being completely white now, I decided on an 80's neon vibe colour scheme. Came out alright! .... although I might try and mount a Lego figure onto the pole above the card :naughty:

Last edited: 3 Sep 2023
  3. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

I like it, very clean build

Sentinel-R1 likes this.