1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays URGENT HELP REQUIRED WITH MONITOR!

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by PortalBen, 29 Nov 2009.

1. PortalBen

PortalBen Minimodder

Hi.

Recently, my monitor has been faintly streaking light colours acroos the screen. I decided to fix this today and so went through the process of colour calibration with no luck. I then was playing around with the OSD settings on the monitor and decided to turn factory preset on and see if that would fix my problem. It did not.:wallbash:

Now, despite the resouloution being at the correct 1440x900, it doesn't fill the whole screen. There is a thick black bar at the edge. I am still getting the faint colour streaking and on lighter backrounds I can now see faint, dark, vertical lines. :waah:

I urgently need your help to fix this. I am running the Windows 7 Ultimate RC 64 bit, and my monitor is a Hannspree 19inch model. I have tried installing the driver with no luck.

Thanks, and please respond quickly.

Ben

2. Matticus

Matticus ...

From what you have said, it sounds like your monitor is broken in some way. When you say there is a thick black bar at the edge, is it all edges or just one? Do the desktop and mouse go into the black area, or do they stop at the edge of it as if it was the edge of the screen?

You should try the monitor with another machine, obviously if the same thing happens then its your monitor and you will need to RMA it, or buy a new one. If it doesn't happen in the other machine then its most likely your graphics card.

3. PortalBen

PortalBen Minimodder

It's just at one edge, but I adjusted the H position to get the display roughly in the middle. I can see everything I would be able to normally, it's just not filling the whole screen. This only happened after I turned factory preset on.

Thanks.

4. PortalBen

PortalBen Minimodder

Please can anyone offer more advice?

5. PortalBen

PortalBen Minimodder

There's alot of people viewing tech support, can nobody offer any suggestions whatsoever?!

6. PortalBen

PortalBen Minimodder

New info: when I change it to 1280x900 it fills the whole screen.

7. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Steady on, mate, it will take a bit more than an hour for everyone to view this. What make and model of monitor is it? And what make and model of gfx card? What interface are you using to connect them?

8. PortalBen

PortalBen Minimodder

Sorry, I'm just a bit frustrated because this is really annoying me.

I have a Sapphire Radeon 3870 and my monitor is a Hannspree Xm New York 19", connected using VGA.

Thanks.

9. PortalBen

PortalBen Minimodder

I have managed to fix this probelm, it was a really simple solution.

For anyone else with this problem:
    -press the "auto" button
    -make sure "d-sub" is highlighted (might be DVI for other people)
    -press auto again

Thanks to all those who posted replies.