1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Using LGA775 block on LGA1366 setup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ry@n, 16 Apr 2009.

1. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

Hey,

I've just upgraded to an i7 setup and was wondering if there was any chance of me using my old "Danger Den MC-TDX 775" block on it? Im running the intel reference cooler at the moment and my 920 is idling at 38 degrees!!

[​IMG]

I can see that the mounting holes are wider apart on the new board so does anyone know of an adapter I can buy for this block or even a place to buy a replacement lucite top? If not, I will just have to buy a new block when I have the money.

2. icutebluezone

icutebluezone The meaning of life is to MOD

Couldnt you just make a new lucite top to fit it onto a 1366.

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

E-mail DangerDen and ask for one?

Or ask Paul (Coolmiester) to make you one, as he's done a nice mount for 1366 in derlin.

4. LockBreaker

LockBreaker What's a Dremel?

I'd say it's too hot. You won't be getting any good temps, not with that block. =)

If you could afford it I'd recommend going with a Heatkiller v3.0 or a Swiftech GTZ. :)

5. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

Thanks for the feedback, I have been looking at some reviews and I think I will just try and sell my current block and danger den pump to a friend or on this forum and just buy new.

6. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

The EK-Supreme LT i7 is what i plan on purchasing, it's £34 from watercoolinguk.co.uk

Sam