1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning VapoChill case brackets, need help

Discussion in 'Modding' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 6 Apr 2011.

1. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Hello all!

A friend in ZiiP is putting together a new build for himself on a nice little shoestring budget. It's a complete build and as you can imagine, it's a bit of a squeeze to get everything in there.

He has however, a VapoChill case

Now this gives him 2 options essentially;

1) Sell the case to someone who is looking for a nifty modding project for a nice price. The Vapochills seem hard to come by anywhere.

2) Mod the retention bracket from an old AMD 478 socket, to something that would work with either newer AM3 sockets, or budget permitting for the build, socket 1155.

Would anyone have any input/ideas into either of these?

I was dubious about putting this in the modding section, but I have a feeling that this will end up as a modding project :thumb:

I've tried looking for guides/website on how to change the retention bracket itself, but to no avail so far. A cooler like this would be pretty damn nifty, regardless of it being roughly 5 years old!

2. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

I say mod the bracket dude. I would love to have a chiller like that. I must say that the front panel is fugly. So mod it. Id strip that whole plastic thing off and make a nice and plain aluminium one. :thumb:

3. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Last edited: 6 Apr 2011
    [ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
  4. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

It may be possible to get a custom bracket made that fits this. Although I'm concerned about condensation. :/

5. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Lysol, you utter legend! Have some rep good sir!

6. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Well, it would appear that if those brackets work on his case, then he will keep the case and simply tidy it up and use it for the new build. It's not high end or anything, but at least he'll be able to overclock the hell out of the CPU :D

8. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Waiting to see if Crspy can source a newer 800W PSU for this case and then try the adapter kit I suppose.

I'll see if I can get some proper photos of what he has. It's an old case I know, but would be fantastic if he could get this to work with newer kit.

Does anyone have any experience with Vapochill products or Phase change in general? Any and all input would be really appreciated.

9. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I've some experience (I use mine for benching)
    What kinda stuff do you want to know?
    And if I don't know, I know people who do ;)

10. [ZiiP]Crspy

[ZiiP]Crspy What's a Dremel?