1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

various blue screens then no picture...

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by THEkorean, 16 Jul 2007.

1. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

Hi everyone, ive been having some problems getting my system running and i was hoping the experts here could help

before we start here are the specs:

Abit Fatal1ty F-i90HD Mobo
    Core 2 duo e6700
    4x 1gb sticks of Patriot extreme memory (PC26400 (4-4-4))
    2 500 gb samsung T series HDDs
    Enermax infinity 700W PSU
    Evga 8800GTS

here is my problem, i am trying to install vista on the machine (note, this is a brand new system with NOTHING on the hard drive previously) and it works, up to the point where i have to pick the drive to install it on, which i forgot RAID, so i shut down, went back into RAID utility, and back to booting off the Vista CD, this time, it gets past "loading files" and i get the blue screen "BOOT POOL SPOOL". I unplug everything re-seat my ram, replug everything and try again
    it gets past the "loading files" screen once again , this time i get the blue screen again, same message, continues for another 2 boots and i give up
    (note: i cleared cmos after the last 3 boot failures)
    Next day, i take it apart and reassemble the system, boot it up, gets past loading files, then i get a different blue screen "IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL" , reboot, but this time, i dont even get picture on my monitor!

I took out most of the ram, and GFX card and tried it again bbut still no picture with on board graphics :waah:

any idea what happened? what can i do?

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Could be anything, try one stick of RAM at a time (4 sticks available means that 1-4 could be faulty), take out one Hard drive (if you're using the drives as JOBD then RAID will help you to loose data), check you have the latest BIOS installed and make sure that all the required power connectors on the motherboard and graphics card are installed.

3. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

@ DougEdey:
    thanks for the quick reply! However, i am not a total noob and i tried that long before i decided to ask for help, no dice :p . Thanks for the advice though, that is always important to remember when trouble shooting.

New Developments!

i completely dismantled the thing and rebuilt it and now it works once again, i found out that it was cause the mobo had the ram timings all wrong and the voltage was also wrong. However, im still having trouble installing an OS, when i tried Vista again, i didnt get a blue screen however, it was one of those grey screens that tell you that you are missing some sort of file or that it is corrupt. I and going to try to install XP some time during the week, in the mean time, any ideas why Vista wont initiate like it did before?

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

You could have explained in more detail then, just saying
    Just makes it sound like you took everything out and put it back in.

Are you still using RAID on those drives? It could be a copy error to RAM or HDD or even a problem with the disc.