1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage Vertex SSD corrupted?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Xonar, 18 Jan 2010.

1. Xonar

Xonar What's a Dremel?

Hi guys, I've been searching for a few days now and can't seem to find anyone with a similar problem so thought i'd ask here.

Basically, I recently went to start my computer only to find my SSD was not being detected in the BIOS, first thing I did was check for lose connections, tried diferent cables, cleared the CMOS etc with no luck.

Next I tried putting the drive in with the flashing jumper attached, the drive was then succesfully detected in the BIOS as 'YATAPDOJG OJOJOJOJOJOJ...' as opposed to the normal 'YATAPDONG BAREFOOT' which I'd seen previosuly during fireare flashing procedures.

I continued to try the drive in my USB HDD dock, my laptop, trying to detect it from within windows 7, trying to detect it using the flash utility and none have worked whatsoever, I'm just asking here as a last resort before I try and sell the drive as spares, the warranty sticker in the top right corner has worn through the sharp edge of the casing simply through handling and mounting the drive and because of this I don't like my odd's in getting a succesful RMA.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

I'd still contact OCZ, their support system is pretty good. Just explain to them the symptoms and they should send the drive off to be flashed. I don't think the sticker should be an issue if it's just a factory flash job, even less so if it's obviously caused by the case mounting.