1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VGA cooler

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pigcow, 24 Jan 2004.

1. pigcow

pigcow What's a Dremel?

Hi i have just got a 9600XT by sapphire and want to o/c it. which cooler do you reccomend me buy for it? thx

2. Xiachunyi

Xiachunyi What's a Dremel?

Generally there are lots of different viable options for cooling your VGA card. Perhaps a guideline to look to would be the amount of metal (fin construction) and the fan on the heatsink. Usually the more metal in the form of spaced fins with a good fan is a very good choice. You could go water cooling if you want also.
    This is a good place:SVC

The "ARCTIC COOLING VGA SILENCER REV. 1" cooler is good, I don't know about the dimensions as opposed to your card but it should be compatible - someone else will neeed to elucidate.

3. maki43

maki43 I can touch my toes 1,2,3

Ive got a Zalman HP80-A on my 9700pro and it works fine :) ive got a 120mm fan blowing on it at low revs and its very quiet. Plus i still get better overclocks than if i had the stock heat sink on :D

4. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

Yup thats probably the best soultion. It will fit on my 9600pro so it should fit on a 9600xt aswell. Its a good cooler with low noise and is cheap!

5. pigcow

pigcow What's a Dremel?

thx for that, ill go with the ARCTIC but ill have to wait till feb thats when they release a 9600XT compatible one.