1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video card problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by f U z ! o N, 21 Dec 2004.

1. f U z ! o N

f U z ! o N What's a Dremel?

ever since i installed some copper ramsinks on my video card i have been having a few problems. first, i cant play any games without horrible texture corruption and the screen is all broken and such. next, im seeing pink lines when i go to monitor properties and when using AIM the im, chat, and other icons have pink lines. whats going on? i cant even play games and its rather frustrating.

2. TMM

TMM Modder

any chance you got thermal adhesive where shouldn't be? Other then that, all i can think of is that the heatsinks arn't contacting properly, insulating the heat and the memory is overheating.

3. f U z ! o N

i used the thermal tape on the bottom of the heat sinks so i don't think its the thermal stuff.

4. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Thermaltape is highly prone to trapping air, so its quite likely that TMM's suggestion is accurate.

5. f U z ! o N

i took the heatsinks off and still same problem. i even blowed the dust out of the agp slot. there wasnt much in there to begin with. i dont know whats going on but its pissing me off