1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Video Game BAFTAs

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jedra, 17 Mar 2011.

1. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

In case people are interested here are the results of last night's BAFTA's...

Action: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Artistic achievement: God of War III

Best game: Mass Effect 2

Family: Kinect Sports

Gameplay: Super Mario Galaxy 2

Handheld: Cut the Rope

Multiplayer: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Original music: Heavy Rain

Social network game: My Empire

Sports: F1 2010

Story: Heavy Rain

Strategy: Civilization V

Technical innovation: Heavy Rain

Use of audio: Battlefield: Bad Company: 2

Bafta ones to watch: Twang!

GAME award 2010: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Bafta fellowship: Peter Molyneux

The GAME award is apparently what us gamers thin kwas the best game of the year! I didn't choose the winners, so don't blame me!

2. Lenderz

Lenderz Minimodder

Oh dear lord, Its not a terrible list for a award list, until you get to Call Of Duty : Rehash.

3. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

black ops really? couldnt they find something else? dont know what the audio is like in bc2 till later but if its better than MoH then it defo deserved it

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

today is going to be an awesome party in the office.

Last edited: 17 Mar 2011
  5. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

+1 to that. 100% agree with the rest of the list though.

6. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Was expecting AC BH To get alot more rewards...Well thats what they were proclaiming on there Facebook page..

7. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Was F1:2010 really better than GT5 or Forza 3? I have all three and I certainly don't think so!! I am going to play F1:2010 again at the weekend to make sure I didn't miss something!

Best Game ME:2? Hmm can't really comment as I never played it - every single one of my friends hated it so I didn't buy it. I would have given it to either Assassin's Creed:BH, Red Dead Redemption, GT5, Forza 3 or Fallout NV - purely on the amount of hours I put into those games. Probably AC:BH would have pipped the rest.

Multiplayer - AC:BH purely on the fact that they tried to do something different.

They missed an award out - Most Overhyped Franchise - the winner is in the list though! Sadly I think there will be a lot more games in the running for this category next year!

8. Lenderz

Lenderz Minimodder

Actually I think I spoke too soon, I just noticed “Multiplayer: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit” in the list. It was fun, but there were a lot of better multiplayer games on all formats in 2010.

9. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

Black Ops was voted for by the public - the only one on the list.

10. chrismarkham1982

not gonna say what i thought foir multi player of the year, ill probably get shot down in...well more like a blaze of shite rather than glory lol

11. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

I'm guessing CodBlops was your multiplayer game of the year?!

I think NFS HP is multiplayer game of the year due to innovations with Autolog. Certainly in a genre that rarely changes year on year finding a fresh and modern approach to multiplayer is a big change.

12. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I haven't played it, but I remember it was slated on release mainly for its massive amount of bugs, many of which were game-breaking. I suppose it may have changed since then if they've patched those things.

The sports genre in general is just full of rehashes of the same tired formula though, so I guess there isn't a great deal to choose from in that category. FWIW, I'm not sure if Gran Turismo or Forza are actually classified as 'sports' games since they're not based on one sport in particular.

13. chrismarkham1982

no, not a massive fan of cod, feel like every game they make now is living in cod4's shadow tbh, no my multi of the year is worse for you pc gamers lol (which i am quickly becoming one of) i have to say the game i enjoyed the most online was halo reach:worried: (runs for cover as an angry mob brandishing handheld torture devices grows near) but then ive never been a real pc gamer always a console man but as i said my opinions might change as im now enjoying a bit of both worlds

14. chrismarkham1982

totally agree, while i agree f1 was a great game, it was only great for about a week before i got bored, forza 3 was a much better game but even that hasnt been in my xbox for a few months now, forza 2 and 3 just didnt have the same kind of appeal as forza 1 did for me:sigh:

15. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

You should be safe - Reach was only on the consoles anyway so the keyboard and mouse crew (of which I am one) will keep their torches un-lit and reserved for those that play Battlefield 3 on the consoles!

Reach was good - I have never been able to get into the Halo multiplayer though.

16. chrismarkham1982

hahahahha lol big sigh of relief lol, tbh ive been a halo fan from the start not just the games but the books as-well and tbh its prob the only series of fps that ill play on xbox now, the only reason im keeping is for xbox only titles (well what used to be anyway with some of them) like fable, halo and forza plus weve got the kinect as-well which the kids and my wife love and me to a certain extent but apart from the odd weekend of drunkeness with reach most of my gaming will now be done on my pc

17. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Uh oh! Blaze of shite coming your way! Hehe, actually Bit tech is mostly anti CoD and indifferent towards Halo so you're in neutral territory

18. chrismarkham1982

prob cause im used to the console crowd who think that halo belongs in the stone age and that the sun shines out of cods diarrhea encrusted anal passage......

19. TSDAdam

TSDAdam Beard!

I'm just glad Heavy Rain got some recognition. The presentation is fantastic, and although I haven't replayed it yet to see any of the other endings, it's the closest I've been able to come to 'playing a film' (as horrible and clichéd as that sounds).

Mind you I was a massive fan of Fahrenheit (think it was Indigo Prophecy in the US) in the first place, Quantic Dream's other game in the same vein :)

20. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I'm surprised RDR did not get any award as it was the stand out game for me last year by a long, long way.

F1 2010 was a bug riddled mess which was a shame as when it was good, it was sublime. Hot pursuit was far better for me from en enjoyment perspective. Overall i'm quite impressed by the awards as there is a nice mix of titles in there.