1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows "Virtual Button" possible?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Treacles, 15 Jan 2013.

1. Treacles

Treacles Minimodder

Okay so basically what i've been trying to do is find a button to use for Teamspeak, that isnt used for anything else at all... Which has been pretty much fruitless, i've settled on Mouse 4/5 atm but this cycles backwards and forwards on browsers...

What my question is, can i sort of create a "virtual" keyboard button, so that i can set one of the Razer Naga buttons to, that's solely used for Teamspeak and nothing else?

2. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

set one of the naga's buttons to be a bind for an alt code for a foreign letter almost no chance of that being used elsewhere

3. Pinguu

Pinguu Noot Noot!

You could always bind the button to some really obscure key combination I suppose, something like RCTRL + ` . Chances are there will never ever be a program that uses that particular combination so it won't interfere with whatever else you are doing.

I don't know about virtual buttons though, there might be a way of emulating buttons which aren't on many keyboards (F15 and F16 for example- by default they won't do anything) using SendKeys in Visual Basic. I'll look into it; you've made me curious :p

4. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

Or you could use voice activation rather than push to talk. Spend 5 minutes or so playing with the activation levels/echo reduction in combination with (presuming you have one) the in-line mic switch and you're shiny.