1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Voodoo4 OC'ing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jamie, 24 Nov 2001.

1. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Just incase anybody was wondering approximity what a voodoo can do with a huge socket 7 hsf and good airflow.

well I got bored and decided to do some testing.

Basically I just increased the clock speed by 1mhz (ish) each time and then ran a Q3 timedemo. The settings I use are:

1024x768
    16bit textures
    bilinear filter
    medium texture quality
    The better light setting

here are the results :

[​IMG]

oh and the graph stops coz it wont run stable above that last point.

If this info it totally useless to you or uninteresting you obviously buggered off to nVidia before you could experience the beauty of the LAST voodoo chipset. RIP 3dfx

2. Tim S

Tim S OG

I'm thinking of getting a Voodoo 4 PCI as a second card, to power a second monitor :D

I have had numerous 3DFX cards, and I still love em!

RIP 3DFX!!!

Biggie :D

3. jamiesurfs

jamiesurfs Boom Boom, Cha Cha Cha!

Yeah, I used to have one of these in a PCI version. Excellent card! Shame 3DFX aren't still around:cool:

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ive still got a 3dfx voodoo 1 (4meg Sgram 83mhz Elite ram, 3d only with pass thru cable) at home :) its not supported after 98se so i had to remove it when upgrading my bros puter to XP.

lovely card, huuuuuuuuuuuge chips on it.

5. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Ive got a voodoo1 4mb (uses system RAM rather than its own XD). Like yours it uses a pass through from a 2d card. Its in my parents PC that I upgraded to play quake on yonks ago .... they dont believe in upgrading so are still sat there with their AT system.

Tags: