1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Wall mounted game pc build

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modderator, 27 Feb 2016.

1. modderator

modderator What's a Dremel?

Monday 18 January 2016 22:24

Initially, my idea was to build a PC in my desk, I finally decided to go for a wall mounted PC. The reason for this is the price. With a desk mounted I would have to buy a glass plate.

Hardware for my project:
    Intel Core i5-6600K Boxed
    MSI Z170A GAMING M5
    MSI GeForce GTX 970 GAMING 4G
    Seagate Desktop HDD ST2000DM001, 2TB
    Raijintek Triton AIO Water Cooling Solution
    Kingston HyperX Fury black HX426C15FBK2/8
    Sharkoon WPM600
    Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

My example comes from this build:

[​IMG]

link to forum:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1424387/gallery-build-log-ultimate-wall-mount-rig-maxxplanck-v2-completed

Using this as an example I’m going to make a carbon fiber rear. I’m going to do this with carbon fiber decals. Besides the carbon fiber I’m going to make Plexiglass villages with LEDs underneath for a cool effect among the components. I also have a 30cm long reservoir and a PCI-E extension cable purchased from a webshop in China. These have not yet been delivered, so I’ll post those photos later.

Everything even bought immediately:

[​IMG]

First, I bought a wooden board and I started with sketches of where the parts will eventually go.

[​IMG]

I’ve made Plexiglas for beneath the parts.

[​IMG]

I’ve made the openings in the wooden plate. (I know they’re not straight, but in the end you won’t be able to see them anymore.)

[​IMG]

Because that there are no mounting holes in the power supply I had drill them in the power supply myself. Three holes to mount the power supply then bolted into the wooden plate.

[​IMG]

I’m first going to mount everyting so I know where the openings are after I’ve pasted the carbon stickers on the wooden plate.

[​IMG]

Now, it’s time to stick the carbon on the wooden plate. I have made a time-lapse of it:

Part 1:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdZNG_gogU0

Part 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_MNNeGhFCo

The final result:

[​IMG]

When you look through the openings you will see a piece of wood (which of course is not nice to see). So I painted them black.

[​IMG]

The PC is supposed to hang on the wall, so after a lot of thinking about how I’ll do it, I decided to a wooden board and cut of a piece at a 45 degree angle on one side. On the PC I will do the same so I can put it on there.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finally, its mounted, leveled as well!

[​IMG]

I think the power supply cable is very ugly. So I drilled a hole right through the power supply and put a 220V cable through. I have soldered the 220V cable to the proper cables from the power supply. I am finally very happy because it really looks much better now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It’s important to make sure there are no leaks in the cooling system. I have tested it and it doesn’t leak!

[​IMG]

Everything is there now. Except for the video card because I do not have PCI-E extension yet. (Sorry for the bad quality picture)

[​IMG]

Now I have to make all the LEDs beneath the components. This I have done by cutting pieces of LED strip and place them among the components. All pieces ledstrip I connected by a phone cable because it’s four cores and an RGB LED strip has four soldering points.

[​IMG]

I think the effect of the light from the back of the panel is really cool so I’m going to buy an additional 5 meter LED strip, which I have to assemble at the back of the panel

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also tested the PC (without GPU) and it’s really fast! I have overclocked the CPU. The CPU is now running at 4.4Ghz rather than 3.5GHz and real temperatures do not go above 50 degrees Celsius during a stress test.

I hope you like this project so far! : P

Wednesday 27 January 2016 12:36

This is my new reservoir:

[​IMG]

This is the CPI-E riser:

[​IMG]

I started with the custom sleeve of my power supply:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Friday 29 January 2016 12:34

Yeah, it’s almost finished. All cables from the power supply are done. I didn’t do the 6-pin video card cable yet. This is the first time I did power supply sleeving. After about 5 to 6 hours of work to spend on the sleeving I was done. The final result is really beautiful. Here are some pictures of the power supply, I am proud of it!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wednesday 03 February 2016 15:59

I made some cable combs with a 3d printer. So the cables remain very nice and tight. This is needed for the 24 pins on the motherboard. Next week I’m going to make cable combs for the 8-pin on the motherboard connector. Here are two pictures of the cable comb:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is a time-lapse video of the 3d printing:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q-CKBPBZaE

Thursday 04 February 2016 19:02

My new on-off button:

[​IMG]

Here are my new fittings for the reservoir:

[​IMG]

The loop is fully tested and it didn’t leak!

[​IMG]

I filled my water loop including my reservoir and I’m very leased with the final result:

[​IMG]

Here is a video of the filling of the loop:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70Lwr71T_2w

Wednesday 10 February 2016 22:21

Now, I have put my GPU on the board and here is the end result:

[​IMG]

Here is a picture of my complete setup:

[​IMG]

Be continued with a little update and the final pictures

if you want to contact me, this is my Skype: jano19191

Last edited: 14 Apr 2016
  2. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Interesting build.

However as I see it a bit lethal, won't the power pins on the PSU input socket now be live and bare?

3. modderator

modderator What's a Dremel?

Here the result:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here also a youtube video:

Last edited by a moderator: 25 Mar 2016