1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warhammer: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 26 Nov 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. Spacecowboy92

Spacecowboy92 Gettin' Lazy

Is that a rating of 1 or 7?

3. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

It looks like a 7 - a 1 wouldn't warrant the comments at the end of the review.

4. bllt2bnry

bllt2bnry What's a Dremel?

Yeah, that is clearly a 7.

5. Spacecowboy92

Spacecowboy92 Gettin' Lazy

Right. Looks like a good game if you like RTS'S. I not in to them that much though.

6. Hack'n'Slash

Hack'n'Slash Minimodder

I'd tried a couple of RTS's in my time and decided that I didn't like them either. Then I got a copy of DoW a couple of years ago & have been hooked since. DC nicely finishes off an excellent trilogy, and the little teaser at the end really has me looking forward to DoW2. :thumb:

7. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I used to play the old warhammer games and collected the models when at school many years ago but I have been very disapointed by all the gamesworkshop computer games. From the very earliest Space Hulk to todays games.

They could be so much better but they fail like games made from films. The games companies use the licence to sell the game instead of putting the effort in making a decent and playable game. They cut back on the content and plability to maximum profit from using the licences to actually sell the game.

8. bllt2bnry

bllt2bnry What's a Dremel?

I think that's why so many people that have no interest in Warhammer play Dawn of War.

I didn't know DOW2 was in the pipeline?

When's that set for?

9. Hack'n'Slash

Hack'n'Slash Minimodder

All I've heard is sometime in '07 & using the CoH engine.

10. Mosey

Mosey What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I was thinking of mentioning that in the review, but there wasn't that much information on it. It would be an amazing game though.

And yes, it was a 7 :duh:

11. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Have you played DoW? It's actually one of the best RTSes out there, however it's no where near as good as Relics new RTS, CoH, that blew everything out of the water. Thats one of the reasons I'm giving this one a miss for now.

12. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

This game would have been a lot better maybe a year or two ago, it felt really dated when I played it. Also the new races are terrible. Got a lot of play out of the new campaign which I really liked when I could avoid the crap races though.

13. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

I've been playing since the original and find this expansion to add some more fun to the multi player madness as myself and serveral friends regularly hookup to beat each other sensless =)

Theres nothing quite like playing 3 humans brains V 3 Orks on Insane AI and then trying to hold a series of bridges against their never ending assault. Having close to 200 units on the screen proves how well this engine was written as it doesnt slow down one drop (only when my ADSL lets me down)

Also the added bonus with DC is they have now added proper widescreen support, no more dodgey ini hacks or stretched textures for me =)

Go Relic/THQ for another great expansion!

14. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

It's definitly one I'll pick up at some point (probably after I've finished NWN2), I enjoyed the previous 2 DoW's (and I really like the background of the Necrons and was hoping they'd be included back when the last expansion hit) and the demo was a good taster for how the Tau have been handled.

15. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

Otherwise nice review though, may get it once I complete CoH again on a harder setting (and faster PC so I can turn the details up). :D

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Nov 2006
  16. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the spot airchie! Fixed now :)

17. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

DoW is most definately one of the best RTS' of all time, bested only imo by the starcraft series.

Will certainly get this one when i've worked my way through my current addictions lol

18. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Just started playing this today and i have to say that at a first glance the new races seem a little out of balance in the single player both in campaign and skirmish. As a necron player as soon as i got the monolith sorted and fully built there was no way i could lose, as soon as i found the enemy base, a quick teleport of the monolith lead to a wasteland in next to no time. Even the big chaos war machines were falling in no time to a single squad of warriors.

this is not so much a complaint (as i kinda like winning) more of an observation on things.

The game looks fantastic though, esp with the way your leader's appearance can evolve through wargear.

19. draxar

draxar What's a Dremel?

Cool, I'll have to get that one.

I'm slightly suprised you guys haven't reviewed the recent Warhammer Fantasy game - it's more on the bigger battle side of things.

Tags: Add Tags