1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Warranty question

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Ravenheart, 30 Nov 2010.

1. Ravenheart

Ravenheart What's a Dremel?

I've recently bought and paid for a super bargain off the marketplace forum a Zotac 470 AMP!

But according to their website here Zotac Warrranty Info the warranty is not transferable

• Customer seeking warranty service must be the first owner of the product

And here More Warranty Info on the Zotac forum It says on there,

From my understanding of the warranty and RMA procedure in the European region, the first two years of the warranty is fully executed by the place of purchase. You must contact the original reseller within the first 2 years and have a copy of the original sales receipt in order to obtain warranty repairs or replacement under warranty.

So presumably then if ever any problem with the card (god forbid there aren't any) I'd have to contact the person I bought it off (with the warranty being in his name) return it to him in Sweden! When he moves there lol, and then he would have to return it to Zotac/The retailer it was purchased from?

And last but not least here Last bit of Warranty info it says,

"All defective products approved by customer service and sent in for RMA replacement MUST INCLUDE A COPY OF THE ORIGINAL INVOICE / RECEIPT. (Products NOT including a copy of this document will be returned to the customer at the customer’s expense)."

Oh and just for the record I'm not paranoid, just trying to cover all bases should the warranty ever be needed :)

2. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Just contact the person you bought it from and ask to arrange with them an eventuality for this. If a warranty problem does occur, get him to contact the company and hand you the RMA information, then you send it to them, with your return address instead of his.

I've done it 2-3 times now and it works fine. If you're worried about him losing the original receipt, then get him to send it to you.

Ravenheart likes this.
  3. Ravenheart

Ravenheart What's a Dremel?

Thanks for that +rep for the info :)