News Warren Spector details Epic Mickey

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 6 Oct 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Hmmm don't really know what to make of this.

Tho talking about Ultima, I heard a rumor that an UO2 is (re-)under development. Maybe the unannounced Bioware game?

3. rodrigobiz

rodrigobiz What's a Dremel?

Man for year now we don't have a decent mickey game.

This one seems like the Mario Galaxy of Disney to the WII!

Can´t wait!

4. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Hmm the guy is a monster! He worked with Steve Jackson Games (GURPS), TSR (Dungeons and Dragons) and in Origin Systems (Crusader, Wing Commander, Ultima Series).
    Worked in Thief: Dark Project, Deus Ex, System shock, Ultima Underworld I and II (the best FPS/RPG EVER!!!!!!!).
    The guy is a visionaire. Never heard of him in Ultima Series thou.

Too bad I don't have a Wii and I will not buy one.

5. sear

sear Guest

This could be one of the most impressive and interesting games made on a long time. Warren Spector is a god that any PC gamer should worship right alongside next to Gabe Newell, both Chris Taylors, Tim Schafer, etc., and I'm excited to see such fresh work from him again.

6. Orothe

Orothe What's a Dremel?

Ultima.. Man, the most customizable characters of all time. More layers of clothing and possible effects than any other RPG I've seen. Though gotta admit I played free servers. Won't mention the one I use to play because they banned me for liking Guild Wars (Yeah, that's what ya get for playing for free) But they had almost every piece of equipment be level-able, as well as the character level not knowing a limit.

Seriously though, the games that he rocked on had DEPTH.. Can the Wii really have that kind of power to create depth? I can't see Mickey being in an RPG of any kind.. Other than Kingdom Hearts I guess.

From the looks of that picture, it's 2D side-scrolling.. Which would scream platform.. Which would be an epic fail in my book when standing up against his previous works, like Ultimate and Deux Ex..

7. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

The article states the game is a platformer....

8. Orothe

Orothe What's a Dremel?

Ah, that it does, my mistake, guess I read that too fast and just caught "Wii Exclusive" lol.

Well, as a platformer, exactly how in-depth could it be? I think it's going to be like Super Mario, just with different storyline and graphics. =/

Tags: Add Tags