1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Wasted Time RANT!!/What's your virtual age/How many days until your calcualted death?

Discussion in 'General' started by Stuey, 14 Oct 2008.

1. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

Ok, I'm a bit annoyed.

Someone sent me a link to the following youtube clip about a laughing baby. Almost 64 million viewers!! The clip is 1:40 long, but let's say that everyone only views it for one minute. Heck, let's just assume 45 seconds since that's how long it took for me to lose interest.

64,000,000*45 seconds ends up being 91 collective YEARS of time, gone just like that. When you figure in how many millions of people waste time on youtube every day, the amount of wasted time is staggering! I'm not saying that wasting time is bad - I'm wasting time ranting about it now, but there are so many people who moan, gripe, and complain about having to lift a finger to help the environment or other people. If all those people that spend so much time watching seemingly mindless videos and reading "celebrity" news spent even one minute a day learning something new (and worthwhile) or took one minute to do something selfless, the world would be a better place.

Now, let's not even talk about how I wasted 90 minutes playing COD4 last night.

We've all turned into a society of time wasters! I guess that's why innovation is slowing down, our economies are ****, and why we import much more than we export.

Now, enjoy the following odd giggling baby.

Last edited: 14 Oct 2008
  2. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

You can't really add it up that way though, it's not like we've lost 91 years of scientific research in that time, most people just don't have any impact on the world, the most the majority of the general public can do is vote for someone good. People waste time watching youtube and the like because they enjoy it. People need to do things they enjoy otherwise they go nuts. Yeah there might be other things they can enjoy that benefit them or others more, but sometimes there isn't the opportunity. When the world is on it's break for 10 minutes you can't really expect anything constructive to come of it from everyone.

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Now, Stuey, how much time did you waste by posting this rant?

4. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

5. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

You talk about 91 man-years of wasted time, but our world population of 6B people go through 190 man-years every second. Big deal.

6. dragon2309

dragon2309 techie

as a conservative estimate, it took me 80seconds to read you rant post, as did everyone else who views this thread, which at the moment is 32 people... so you've wasted 42.6 minutes of the bit-tech communities time... give it back

7. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Real age: 22
    Virtual age: 6.7 (eh?)
    Life expectancy: 89.3

YAY! Only 24600 days to go! (approximately)

Although I doubt that takes into account my plan to save up for artificial organs (which are kinda inevitable) and live long enough to move to Virgin Moon base one and own the first space cat called Jebus!

8. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

25000+ days.
    I win!

9. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Oooh, im going to live into my 80s! :D

Wasting time is the best part of life, I hope to waste many days in my future :D

edit: also, that baby is easily amused... I didn't find them sounds nearly as funny as it did :)

Last edited: 14 Oct 2008
  10. Pha3dr0n

Pha3dr0n Where's my Valium?

Time to start on my bucket list:

Real Age - 36
    Virtual Age - 58.1
    Life Expectancy - 51.9

5800 days left to get Angelina Jolie in the sack!!!

11. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Huh, I've got the same bio and virtual age and life expectancies. I'll live 'til I'm old (74), but not too old. Good to hear (or maybe not by that age).

12. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

That's impressively unhealthy.

13. Pha3dr0n

Pha3dr0n Where's my Valium?

To be honest theres a couple of health issues that effect it, but I guess how long isnt as important as what you do with it.

EDIT - that didn't sound as phalic in my head :-s

14. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Nor in mine, until you pointed it out. :wallbash:

I was doing OK on that test until I hit the bit about your outlook on life. That knocked about ten years right off. Which I suppose is a good thing, given my outlook on life. :rolleyes:

15. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

That's the first estimator that ever said my virtual age was less than my real age.

Dang. Thread title ran out of characters.

16. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

Real age - 18
    Virtual Age - 8.6 WTF!?
    Life Expectancy - 83.4 Dang thats old!

WTF is with driving lowering your life expectancy?

23900 more days. I guess I should set a countdown timer on my PC huh? :lol:

as for time wasting. Ive spent about 10days playing COD4. Combing Socom 2,3and CA together thats another 20 days probably. LOL

Will be getting Socom Confrontation this week so by christmas I should have spent another 8 - 12 days on games. :lol:

17. Major

Major Guest

I did the test as honest as I could (I couldn't to the Cholesterol stuff, how do you do that? I left it a little below default as I am pretty healthy and fit person).

Guess I'm ok at the moment then, heh. :)

18. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

My turn. I came out better than I thought I would:

Biological Age: 58
    Virtual Age: 71
    Life Expectancy: 65
    2600 more days left to mod.

Too bad I can't get that in writing from my Drs. They say a couple months to a couple years MAX. I'm voting for years.

19. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

The more you drive, the more likely you'll die prematurely in a car crash

20. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

Hopefully many many years!

I guess because of all the idiots on the road that dont know how to drive. It should factor in driving skill though. Totally lame.

Tags: