1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Watch Dogs

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 3 Jan 2015.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I can pick this up for 9 quid, is it worth a punt?

Anyone want to post a quick review?

2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I enjoyed the time i played on it, i think for £9 you cant go too far wrong. Multiplayer was good also.

3. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Non deluxe version is being sold at £6.24 on G2A if you're interested.

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I have decided against it even for the low price of £6.24 as the concensus is around the web is that it is far to buggy with many still unpatched issues. And after the ridiculous amount of effort I had to go through to get another Ubiripoff game to work, Far Cry 4, I really cannot be bothered.

Thanks anyway.

Last edited: 4 Jan 2015
  5. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

That's a shame as I personally haven't had any problems with the game. Most of the complaints are from the game apparently looking nothing like the E3 preview videos. Also those hacks that are supposed to make the game look 'better' actually make the game so buggy.

for £6.24 it's well worth picking up. I bought it not long after release and played it for hours and hours. Still got lots of side missions and DLC to do after I completed the main game.

6. oscy

oscy Modder

The only problem with the game is it lags when driving or sometimes when moving about on the odd occasion, and it can get pretty bad. And you might find yourself looking up the fix for the mouse scrolling and how to tone down the lagging/frame rate issue, but it doesn't really ruin it, not for a few pounds. It doesn't happen too often. Assuming it doesn't happen on console, that would be preferable if it can be found for the same price.

7. Main Scratcher

Main Scratcher What's a Dremel?

Sorry for bumping the thread but I got the game at a real bargain (xbox one) and have just started Chapter 2.

I have a question with regards to the online hacking feature. I keep getting intruded by other xbox players and am having a tough time locating and stopping them. It happens too often and stops my progress in the game. I went into the game menus were there is an option to switch this mode off. However, it also says that you lose notoriety skills (?) previously obtained.

What are the consequences of being "hacked" in the game? What information are they stealing from me and what do I lose? Should I just switch it off or just let it happen and ignore trying to stop them? I am too early in the game to fully grasp all "techniques" available to challenge other players. Is there any point joining in on it?

Last edited: 2 Aug 2016
  8. Main Scratcher

Main Scratcher What's a Dremel?

So I have played some more Watch Dogs lately with the hacking feature on. At the worst possible moments, right before I get to finish an important task, I get stalled due to being hacked out of nowhere. It is almost as if they are following me and only starting the hacking at the very last step in a mission.

Also realized that there are Online Achievements, so I have to keep this feature on now. I am enjoying the game itself more and more, but wished you could turn down the rate of getting hacked without switching the whole feature off.

I still wonder what type of information they steal from you other than perhaps a bounty.