1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Water Cooled Computer Leaks

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JONQUICK, 3 May 2002.

1. JONQUICK

JONQUICK What's a Dremel?

My friend had a Athlon XP2100 and he had the sweetest water cooling and then he had a leak that fried all the boards. He said the leak is form poor gluing and that you should never use elmers glue for watercooling because the water eats away at the glue. When this happens it makes little gaps that crack then the water leaks. This caused his 2,200 dollar computer to become 22 dollars. I feel so bad for that poor kid. o well he learned his lesson i guess.:hehe:

2. Nick

Nick What's a Dremel?

LOL, how dumb can you be? Elmer's glue?

3. Nick

Nick What's a Dremel?

Where would he need glue anyway? Maybe thermal grease or maybe some silicon sealant, but glue? You said he had the "sweetest water cooling" how can he possibly have a sweet water cooling set up using Elmer's Glue. If he used Elmer's Glue he can't possibly have the knowledge to build a "sweet" set up.

Last edited: 3 May 2002
  4. scopEDog

scopEDog Minimodder

Wow...Elmers glue? damn..Just wait till TiTch and Spawny hear about this one :)

5. Lord_Vheox

Lord_Vheox What's a Dremel?

where did he use glue?
    when it comes to a 2.2k$ computer, you might wana look into something professional... and i think we all figured out that using glue in a watercooling system is not a good idea.
    no offense intended, but your friend might want to try to know what he is doing before doing anything, especially with computers. I had a leak in my system due to the foaming of purple ice, no harm done...

6. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

haha....thats horrible.....funny as hell, but horrible......whatever the kid glue tell him to use jb weld next time....jb weld will seal an engine block, itll deffinatly seal up a watercooling rig :dude:

7. linear

linear Minimodder

*cough* troll *cough*

8. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

better get that cough looked @....sounds nasty

9. TiTch

TiTch h2o cooled

Linear says it all......

10. ejmac

ejmac What's a Dremel?

Hey, I saw that rig! The case was painted with fingerpaints and he cut his blowholes with those sweet plastic scissors. A fool and his money are soon departed. Really though that is some tough luck. If he can take chances like that with $2200 I'm sure doing it all over again is no big deal. For him I have the following to say: Dude you're getting a koolance!:lol:

Last edited: 4 May 2002
  11. ivan2740

ivan2740 What's a Dremel?

*cough*Or a dell.. *cough*

Tags: