1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling water cooled shuttle

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by God, 22 Jul 2004.

1. God

God What's a Dremel?

i am going to be making a water cooled shuttle it will also be hevely modded. i am thinkig of using the sk83g, would the sn95g5 or sn85g4 be a better choice? i will be modding the rack mount to have only 1 5.25 and 1 3.5 to free up more space for a resevior under it. the pump willl be next to the power supply. radiator will be mounted on the back. maybe move all of the ports in the back to custom ports on the front for the ones that i need and cover hte others up for a bigger radiator. also do any of the shuttles support the fx-53? those are my idea so far as this is still in the planning stage. any advise or imput on which water cooling parts and other hardware i shoud use would be helpful. this is going to be a gaming computer that i want to over clock and take to lan partys. i have access to just about every part and tool for modding other than a laster cutter. i really need imput on what the best pump and water blocks are for a cmputer as small as a shuttle.

2. ajack

ajack rox

You have posted the same post on 3 different forums now. It's only necessary to do it in one.

3. God

God What's a Dremel?

why is that? i do not check every part of the forums. i would assume not everyone did. this is the forum for water cooling, which it would seem likely that the people who check this section know more about water cooling. thus i posted it in 3 sections on which it equaly belongs to. so that the people who might only care about modding can comment on the modding part of my post in the modding section of the forums. and people who only care about water cooling can post about that here. and then the people who know the most about sff computers may see it in that section. if i only posted it one place, and on 1 forum, i would only get 1 group of peoples responce. so i ahe psoted it in every sff/water cooling/modding forum i could find and under each catagory i needed specifcs on. makes sence to me. now please refrain from posting in my threads about anythign other than the reason it was posted there.

4. Simonsnet

Simonsnet What's a Dremel?

nah, most people look at all the individual forums I think.

5. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I only read the project logs and extreme cooling. ;)

Dont know much about watercooling shuttles other than you will probably need a xice GPU block as it has a low enough profile to fit between your graphics card and the side of the shuttle case. :)

You have any idea what other components your looking at?

6. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Most people just click the 'New Posts' bit and look at them all...

7. Simonsnet

your quite right about the xice block. Bear in mind that if you have an ATI graphics card then there is a special mounting thingumy for the xice that uses countersunk screws (otherwise it still won't fit!).

As for cpu waterblock you need to make sure you need to make sure that the mounting holes are compatible as shuttle have a habit of making life difficult (my sn45g (amd) uses P4 compatible mounting holes not amd).

There are lots of people on the forums that have given a detailed account of their internal watercooling setup, I suggest you :search:

8. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

The Xice block will fit fine. I have one in my shuttle at the moment :D

Also don't bother finding a block that will fit using the shuttle mounting holes, its too much hastle. Just get a block that uses the lugs on the socket. I have a Maze4 block so can just bought a SHD for it. Easy.

Pump & Res are an arse to get to fit inside. The TT Aquarius II Kit has a pump will fit into the floppy bay + it has a built in res also that kit has an 80mm Rad too.

9. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

have a look at www.wizd.co.uk as i think aqua computer are releasing an 80mm rad and a small pump and res which may be suitable for SFF PCs. :)

Look at THIS thread for details...

10. Simonsnet

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

please dont post the same thread in >1 subforum - its spammy. If its specifically a watercooling question, which it appears to be just post in here. If you dont get the reply you want, then post elsewhere or request it moved.

12. God

God What's a Dremel?

im thinkigng ill just try water cooling my SN85G4 first. i see on lots of threads people put a :search: but i cannot find how i search? could someone please tell me how. my SN85G4 has radeon 9800pro athalon 64 3200. i read that the resevor has to be the highest point in the water cooling system? so on the inside of the case, on the frame where the rackmount sits, where the optical drive goes. is where i think i would mount my res. that makes its stop part as high as the radiator. and i will mod the rackmount for onyl 1 3.5 bay and mount the pump underneeth.

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

top of the page.

14. FanatiK

FanatiK What's a Dremel?

He has also posted in the extreme overclocking forums and the sudhian forums. I think its funny that all that info can be found by searching and reading the stickies.

15. kill_me_quick

kill_me_quick Big and Blue

Tags: