1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Water Cooling for Xmas!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by blueIce, 26 Oct 2001.

1. blueIce

blueIce The ICE man

Xmas is only a few months off now, and I am starting my hunt for some cheap water cooling! I am realy crap and know nothing about water cooling....:D Only that you have waterblocks. I saw someone made a kit for 60 quid or something - it that possible?, or do you think its better to start with a kit.

Whats the best allround kit available? Keeping in mind my case has not much space in it!

Cheers,

blueice

2. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

If your case is amll you might need to consider mounting the rad on the outside. A bit of a pain, and not the best to look at, but it should make it easier to build.

The parts you need are:

Waterblock
    Rad
    Pump
    Tubing
    Bleed tube/res

DangerDen make pretty much the best stuff. Take a look round www.tekheads.co.uk in their watercooling section. The only problem with the TekHeads stuff is that it is all 3/8" based rather than 1/2". This restricts the flow of water around your system. Shouldn't be a huge problem if the pump is upto it though.

The various kits available can be of variable quality, and some offer worse cooling than a decent air setup.

Expect to pay around £100 for a reasonable setup. £100 bought me a DD Maze 2 block, DD Cooling Cube rad, tubing, Water Wetter and an Eheim 1250 pump. I bought DD stuff direct from them in the US, so I got 1/2" fittings on the block.

Using a res will make the setup a bit easier, as you can just put the pump in a bucket of water and let it flow through the system. It's also much easier to bleed.

3. blueIce

blueIce The ICE man

Thanks there! I think a 100 would be the max I would pay. I shall have a look around...Cheers

4. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Also try to get a suberged pump that can bleed by it self. Its a nice time saver ;)

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I think cooling-solutions.de stuff is better then dangerden imho :eek:

6. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

Have you got any comparative reviews that compare temps? Not that I'm doubting you but it would be nice to see them head to head.

7. TiTch

TiTch h2o cooled

I looked a lot for watercooling reviews, Spodes Abodes have a number, but the rest is a bit bitty. OC Hideouts Blizzard Kit came out quite well, with the compromises being not too bad. Senfu 's one is easy but no good for overclocking.

If space is an issue in the case then the radiator has to be outside like mine, you can get slim ones like the Fusion 2 which you can mount at the back out of sight. I chromed and under lit mine to make it a feature (if you cant hide it dont.)

I have found forums to be of more help than sights due to the lack of good reviews.

8. [GiB] Spawny

[GiB] Spawny Xqpack Lovin

Is sounds nice Chrome and all that, when will we get to see it?

9. [GiB] Spawny

[GiB] Spawny Xqpack Lovin

10. TiTch

TiTch h2o cooled

Unfortunately I have no web address to link the shots too, so no way to stick them on line to be viewed. Am I gutted - you bet:( :(

11. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

12. Koolvin

Koolvin The Modfather

13. TiTch

TiTch h2o cooled

Cheer's - I'll email the zip file tonight.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tags: