1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WC LianLi pc70 - 7 Jan

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by cannon, 9 Nov 2006.

1. cannon

cannon What's a Dremel?

DVD drive has arrived!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sata plugs line up directly with a SATA HDD!

On other news I am about to pick up my new video card.

Settled on a HIS x1950xtx :)

Will post pics with these in the case!

Paul

2. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

Really a clean and minimalist work of modding!
    I'm in love with the white light theme you're using, is's really cool and keep the minimalist approach to the maximum!

Really, a good work, and is't only your fist time, what will be the next? :)

3. cannon

cannon What's a Dremel?

ok - well last night I installed the sata DVD drive - im pretty sure its a LG re badged as HP. I bought it OEM as a "replacement" for a HP system :)

The best part was all the wiring lined up with my sata hard drives as you can see below.

I have also installed the video card - couldn't be happier to see the back of the x600xt, the noise it made was horrible!

Front on - no flash
    [​IMG]

Side Panel - looks untidy up near the FDD cage but its not too bad - just some sleeved wires folded over on them selves.
    [​IMG]

Terminal strip - the double block there is for the lighting for easy removal/disconnection
    [​IMG]

My cut out only just cleared the cpu socket :)
    [​IMG]

SATA Hard drives and DVD Burner wiring - nice and clean!
    [​IMG]

Side on shot with the x1950xtx
    [​IMG]

Over all it need a little tidy up here and there - nothing major.

Its still running stable at 2.8Ghz.

If I change the voltage on the fans on the radiator the temps don't drop - guessing its a "benefit" of the kit I used. So I may swap the fans on it to quieter ones. Guess another reason the temps mightn't change is cause there is no spacer between the fans and the radiator but theres not enough space for one anyway (also I couldn't source long enough bolts).

Paul

4. customh

customh conflagration.

looks nice! keep it up!

5. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

This is a really clen setup!
    But where do you purchase the SATA data cable? They look so sweet!
    Keep on mod, I will be happy to see it finished!

6. cannon

cannon What's a Dremel?

rigormortem: I bought them from performance-pc's in the states, only place that i could find white sata cables :(

thanks for the comments.

7. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

Looks good mate, keep it up. :)

Did you extend the wires yourself, or did you just cut them from the psu and join them to the terminal block?

If you extended the wires yourself, what cable did you use??

Cheers,
    c_d

p.s: keep us updated. ;) with plenty of pics :D lotsa pics are a good thing. ;)

8. Philipp

Philipp What's a Dremel?

This is the cleanest PC I've seen till now :rock: Keep up the good work :thumb:

9. KlavKalashj

KlavKalashj What's a Dremel?

IMO I think you should cut those things holding the tubing together, I think it would look muche better that way...The tubes are very nice, just let them spread, like a flower, or a butterfly...You know;)

10. Hazza

Hazza What's a Dremel?

Looking very nice! I know the fans are on that controller, but there are quite a few of them, so how loud is it?
    Also, will there be a gpu block on the way...?

11. kylelnsn

kylelnsn What's a Dremel?

That is uber cool, nice job, looks goood! those terminal blocks are a good idea, i wana see a gpu block! and more updates! love it ncie job!

12. KlavKalashj

KlavKalashj What's a Dremel?

Wonderful, but I don't like that you have those things on the tubing....don't know what it's called in english^^ That is binding them together. Let them loose, it will look more harmonic IMO xD Great work, still, love it!

13. cannon

cannon What's a Dremel?

Hi All,

Thanks for the comments, Havent been up to much lately, being on holidays :)

Ill cut the cable ties tonight and see how it looks (ive got a feeling it may rest on the side panel without them but thats no biggie).

Unfortunately there wont be a GPU block on this one, maybe my next build - wont be using a WC Kit, will be using separate components and building from scratch.

There is a fair few fans, but the 80mm's are all running on 5V and are inaudible, the 120mm's at 5v are quite well by my standards (unless I forget to turn the controller to 12v before I start the machine - then I get a noisy sound from under-volting them at startup - looking into replacing them). The noisiest thing in my case is the video card and thats only when the fan cranks right up (which is a challange in itself!).

CoolDude: I used the Zalman PSU's modular wiring to get power to the terminal strips then used 18AWG wire from then on it. I would have made my own to save me butchering them but I didnt have a depinning tool that worked.

Thanks for all the comments! Anyone have any ideas for a side panel?
    Ive got two to work with, one is stock ALU and the other has the Lian Li window in it.

Cheers
    Paul

Last edited: 3 Jan 2007
  14. cannon

cannon What's a Dremel?

ok update time :)

Ive assembled the stock panels just to see what its like.

This panel has been attacked, I cut out some of the perspex for my old P4 to give it fresh air - it is now situated directly over the ram - not sure if i keep this idea of feeding fresh air to the ram or fit some new perspex.

You will also notice I have removed the cable ties from the water tubing.

Due to the power supply and its bracket, there is no lighting of the cpu and ram area. Im going to purchase a small set of the SMD leds (strip of 3) and mount it off the fans shinning towards the ram - hope it will do the job!
    The best part about those LED's is that they are designed to be daisy chained from one another :)

**Sorry about the dust on the side panel, ive gotta get some of the wet and dry wipes from work tomrorow to clean it right up**

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My girlfriend has been doing some photoshopping to see how the side panel will look (well some ideas for a side panel anyway).

This is what we will be working with:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Comments, suggestions?

Cheers!

Paul

Last edited: 7 Jan 2007
  15. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

Looking nice!!

As for the designs you've done, I really like #2 and I think it'll look great on that system!

Keep it up :dremel:

16. marauder16

marauder16 What's a Dremel?

man this is so clean it looks empty :D very very nice install, OI also vote #2, looks very good :thumb:

17. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

One more vote for the 2! Extra points from the guy on the background in every picture :D

18. Jokkocze

Jokkocze What's a Dremel?

Go for #2 :)

19. Hazza

Hazza What's a Dremel?

Another vote for #2 !

20. Naberius

Naberius What's a Dremel?

Number 2 or 3 i think