1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware We’re at LITS, where are you?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 22 Oct 2011.

1. Barracuda_00

Barracuda_00 What's a Dremel?

I´m in the corner of "annoyed over Lits Health and safety people" :p

2. Cobalt

Cobalt What's a Dremel?

I got the honour of seeing the BT staff at their worst (looking at you Paul). We need more meet-ups. It was pretty cool. Doesn't get much better than the UK rock paper scissors championship :)

3. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

I wish I could be there to see the XCP in action.
    I've got one of your photos of that as my laptop desktop (The one where you can see the fluid roiling.)

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I can get you in contact with the builder. He has lots of pics and videos of it.

5. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Maybe next year. :(

6. Material

Material Soco Amaretto Lime

Oh god, I'm paying for it today. In truth I think its all joes fault for letting me drink in the first place.

7. MikeMK

MikeMK What's a Dremel?

I was at LITS yesterday and had a great time. After chatting to some of the Bit-tech/CPC crew I thought it was about time I posted here!

The Amari PC was great, as was Paul Edwards SR2 mod with mayhems new aurora die running in it.

The chaps from scan did a great job too with the great white shark desk pc :)

8. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

Just got back home from LITS. The show was much smaller than expected. Met every one and said hello to some Bit-tech staff and CPC staff. Had a good old natter. Got erm a little drunk on the night time. Woke up this morning feeling a little on the ill side (might have some thing to do with paying £25.00 for 2 burgers in the hotel).

It was nice to meet you all. Im now going to bed haha ...

9. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I got hit for 8.95 for chicken and chips and drank my way through about a tenners worth of tea..

10. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Enjoyed the show, definitely has great promise. Little smaller than I expected, with most of the manufacturers "supporting" retailers (Scan & Yoyotech both with Gigabyte, BT with Asus), so hopefully there'll be a stronger prescence in future shows. The Zotac and Scan stands were always packed, as was BT and Yoyotech. Just wished we could have seen inside the Dream PCs, would have asked, but all the BT staff were always busy while we were there.

Did confirm a couple of things though: both 3D and eyefinity are gimmicky, but fun non-the-less... (Especially the Rage stand - 4 monitors? Who thought that was a good idea, so you can't see any of what you're looking at?)

(Excuse poor photos):

[​IMG]
    Scan out in force!

[​IMG]
    Yoyotech's stand. Out of shot are about 10 PCs playing Portal 2, Dirt 2 and F1 2011.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Zotac/Samsung stand was always busy for obvious reasons. Zotac's F1 stand had the Thrustmaster F1 wheel, and the seat moved/vibrated with the car, plus the three screens, ensured crowds all day. The Samsung side had a 'beat the Dirt 3 time' competition, and showed off the difference an SSD can make.

[​IMG]
    Rage looked pretty good (minus the pop-in), but 4 monitors is pretty silly...

[​IMG]
    Bit-Tech/Asus stand - lots of cool stuff on here, including Crysis Warhead (could have sworn it was Crysis though?), F1 2011, Trackmania 2, the Dream PCs and of course Serious Sam - which is pretty difficult, and rather good, gory fun

[​IMG]
    Not convinced by the Gigabyte "military" style, but the case looks excellent, and the build looked very neat, so qudos to Yoyotech

[​IMG]
    F1 2011 across 3 screens. BT at least had the sense to provide controllers, unlike Yoyotech...

[​IMG]
    Dream PCs...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Scan's stand - had BF3 single player action! Looking really good

Also had some photos of the Armari, coolmeister's Coolermaster SR2 build, and Yoyotech's LN2 OC stand, but the Armari and the SR2 were impossible to photo well with my lack of talent and equipment, and the LN2 shots came out pretty badly too...

[​IMG]
    In pride of place on CCL's stand

[​IMG]
    Lots of photos circulating of this already, but one more won't hurt. Really weird to grasp the concept of fluid passing over the components, but immensely cool nonetheless. And quiet too!

[​IMG]
    Bit of LN2-based craziness

[​IMG]
    BeQuiet/Sapphire's stand. Had a PC continually running Heaven cooled by a Dark Rock Pro. It was probably very quiet, but unfortunately, they were between Scan's, Yoyotech's and Zotac/Samsung's stands, all of which were pretty noisy, so it was difficult to gauge effectiveness. Looked good though! In the background is DinoPC's stand

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    JBL Audio were there in force with three car speaker systems. The RS was the best though!

[​IMG]
    Big highlight: Scan's desk-PC concept - the monitors rise out the desk! Fully watercooled, left compartment hosts the PC, and the right, the radiators and reservoirs. If only...

Also there, but for some reason I didn't take photos, were OCUK, a massive Razer stand with maybe 20 PCs with CSS/Portal 2, Harman/Kardon, a huge Samsung home cinema stand, with both 3D and normal TVs, an AMD stand with Dirt 3 and Bulldozer, and a couple of Apple stands, with a timeline of Apple devices. Also out of shot from the desk-PC was Scan's 3-monitor, 3D, moving seat F1 2011 demo, which was immense.

So, in summary, there was a fair amount there, and I hope it grows for future years, and becomes a new CeBit with some more manufacturer support. The promise is there!

11. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

12. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Damn nice pics and so much quieter than yesterday

13. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Yep, Saturday was TOTALLY packed. It was one of the few times I'm glad I'm over 6ft and weigh a ton - so I could actually get around.

14. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Nice photos guys, thanks for sharing for people who couldn't go...

Looks awesome, might have to make the effort next time.

Little concerned about everyone picking a Ford over an Audi or VW however! ;)

15. danitgeek

danitgeek Designer

Well if people are throwing in pictures might is well :D

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. rchiileea

rchiileea Minimodder

I reckonise that Orange box in last picture, I am sure it was designed on google sketchup and put together by the creator of the BMW Mpower Level 10 mod :p

17. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

I've been planning to go to this ever since it was first announced. Alas, family commitments conspired to keep me away. I'll try again next year :)

18. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Could have gone with me if we knew, as I see you also hail from Maidstone...

Whereabouts?

19. hammerjack

hammerjack What's a Dremel?

where i can found infos about similar shows in london:dates,places.. thanks

20. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

Tags: Add Tags