1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Weird results and BSOD using Realbench 2.41

Discussion in 'Software' started by woods, 12 Jul 2015.

1. woods

woods What's a Dremel?

I have recently bought a Scan X99 Carbon Ti PC after reading the review in Custom PC which was delivered yesterday. The first thing I did was to run Realbench on it and my results differ wildly from those in Custom PC

Gimp Image Editing 48,582
    Handbrake H.264 Video Encoding 384,761
    Luxmark Opencl 90.189
    Heavy Multitasking 190,342
    System Score 160,430

And my results

Gimp Image Editing 92,198
    Handbrake H.264 Video Encoding 140,166
    Luxmark Opencl 90.189
    Heavy Multitasking 134,327
    System Score 96,018

The scores have stayed about the same with the Image test reaching 100,000 but on my second of about eight runs last night I got a BSOD with the error WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR this happened on four out of my eight runs I was begining to question the stability of Scans overclock which is 4.4 GHz with a V core of 1.250 V I was checking the temps with Core Temp and they didn't go over 82 C where in the magazine the temps were 94 C under stress testing.

I have since run the benchmarks a further eight times tonight with the scores staying about the same but with no BSOD, which I was surprised by because last night the first one occured on my second run with the machine being on less than 30 minutes and happening every other run on the Handbrake test. The only thing I have changed since last night is the mouse because I don't have a USB keyboard so I plugged the USB part of my wireless keyboard/mouse without being able to plug the PS/2 part and tonight when I have had no BSOD I have just used a USB mouse so I am not sure if that was the cause but I have just run the benchmark a couple of more times with no BSOD.

I am not sure if the BSOD problem is solved or not, but I am not sure why my results are wildly different from Custom PC's which is exactly the same except for the motherboard which Scan upgaded from an Asus X99-A to an Asus X99-S and the PSU which I upgraded to a Corsair 750 fully modular rather than a semi modular for some reason my image results are twice the amount and my encoding and heavy multitasking are a lot less.

I haven't contacted Scan yet because I think the keyboard may of been the cause, not sure yet if this is the case but the machine passed Scan's 24 hour burn in and I have had no blue screens tonight. But I am confused to why my benchmark results are so different from Custom PC's

Any opinions on whether the keyboard/mouse could of caused the four BSOD, and to why my results are so different would be welcome. Sorry that the post is long

2. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

With regard to your results, are you using the ROG Realbench or the Custom PC version ? (They have same version number but score differently)

Can't help with BSOD issue, sorry.

3. woods

woods What's a Dremel?

Thank you very much that was the problem I have since run the Custom PC Realbench and my system was just over 1000 points quicker probably due to the motherboard. Thank you so much I was gettting worried then, it is a bit confusing that the bencmarks are named the same but with wildly different results . Still haven't had a BSOD since I unplugged the keyboard, should be having a new mouse and keyboard delivered tomorrow. I am just hoping that that was the cause:thumb:

4. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Have a read through THIS. I was thinking file error or corrupted and this seems to partly back it up