1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Weird

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Tattysnuc, 30 Dec 2011.

1. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Hi

I've a P8P67 Pro on latest BIOS, with 4x4Gb DDR3 Vengence

CPU is a 2600K, currently at stock, but has been running 24/7 folding @ 4.63Ghz. (1.37v vcore)

To complete the roundup, I've 2xGTX 480's in SLI and a PCI Soundblaster x-fi

Up until recently I've been running the rig at full pelt folding without a fault, sometimes dropping in the second GTX 480. I found the points hit due to the cpu loading wasn't worth it, so I rarely engaged it. I've finally had some time off over Xmas, and some new games BF3 and MW3, so today I sat down to install them and game away.... only to find that one of the GTX 480's wasn't showing.

Weird, so I rebooted, and it re-appeared! I then noticed that the X-FI (PCI) had now disappeared from the device manager! I ran the trouble shooter and uninstalled the drivers.... nope! Gone!!!!

The last hardward change I made was a week ago which was to put another 8GB RAM in, so I removed that. Rebooted... X-FI now back, but the GTX 480 has gone again!!! Another reboot, rest the bios to defaults, and flash to latest release... still no change.

I'm in the process of pulling my hair out. Anyone got any ideas what it could be? The rigs under water so pulling cards out and switching them over isn;t to be taken lightly.

Frustrated of Liverpool

2. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Have pulled out the supposedly not working card for the time being. All seems to be working ok without it. Will test it in another rig when I've got a bit more time to play around.