1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Well it worked................"What i hear you say?".... Read 2 find out!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Squid, 12 Apr 2002.

1. Squid

Squid What's a Dremel?

:D I possed a question a couple of weeks ago about 2 fans and a chimney. Well it works like this:-

I have recently built a clear lexan case for my pc, but not in the usual style of tower but as a desk top box (looks fab, even if i do say so myself).

Here is were the 2 fans and a chimney come into it.....
    the first fan (60mm) is on the heat sink for the chip, the second (80mm)is in the lid of the case. Both fans pull air down. The chimney slots between the 2 fans so that the cooler air from outside of the case is going straight on to the second fan on the chip. Anyway, befor i did a heat test with an external heat probe (borrowed from work) and the cpu temp was 48-50 degrees. Now i am at 35-37 degrees.

As soon as i have pix of the mod i will post them for anyone who would like to see them....:dude:

MSI K7T266 Pro RU (Raid) / Athlon 1.333 (266FSB) / 1.5 gig DDR / Gforce2 (soon to be 4) / Plextor 24/10/40a the rest is bog

2. OneSeventeen

OneSeventeen Oooh Shiny!

I'm anxious to see the pics... always looking for good ways to cool my box. (even though I haven't implemented them yet! :rolleyes: )

Your concept sounds really good though.

-OneSeventeen

GoAhead

3. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

ive been considering a duct setup like that for a while now.
    it didnt make it into my modded case , cause who needs fresh air for a p2 400?

i seriously wanna do this to my new box, i just cant figure out how to do it tastefully ... im also considering cutting a hole in my mobo tray and gettin a 60mm fan in on that too ...

4. Digitalblueshift

Digitalblueshift What's a Dremel?

It doesnt matter what you need, do it anyways, that way you will screw up less on your new and better case.

5. unlucky2LUCKY

unlucky2LUCKY What's a Dremel?

hmmm... i really wanna see pics... honestly i've been wanting to duct in my comp simply because it just seems logical that it would cool better, but i'm also geek of taste and almost all duct setups are bulky and look messy... but if i'm thinking you did what i think you did, you might have a way of making something look good (specially if ya get a clear duct of plexi, frost it, then light it up with some LEDS.... oooh, sexy! uh-oh, i think i gotta change my pants now! :D

6. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

sorry i should explain that .... ive already got a 92mm superred high output in the window of that box, blowin right at the cpu/ram ... and an antec dual 50mm hsf on the p2 ... ductin it would require some serious bends ...

but on my pc71 with the xp1800+, i want a duct like that, but i want it to be pleasing to the eye, and my window design isnt gonna allow for a round hole on the side panel ...im not sure how im going to do it yet, might have to wait till i get a couple days off werk in a row so i can tear it apart and get some good measurements ... all i can say is that its going to involve acrylic tubing and green light ... if i can make it look half as good as linear's front ductwork, ill be overly joyed by the whole deal ...

7. unlucky2LUCKY

unlucky2LUCKY What's a Dremel?

ah, yes... we all shoot a load everytime we see linear's duct... btw, that's a freaking original idea if i've ever seen one... someone post that yet in the "original mods" thread?