1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Western Digital to aquire Hitachi Global Storage

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 8 Mar 2011.

1. Hakuren

Hakuren What's a Dremel?

It will be a good deal.

WD is - in general - better suited for desktops. Hitachi is better in RAID systems.

What WD should do is to drop some products from it desktop line. All Green and Blue disks are relatively useless. The only WD HDDs I buy are Blacks. Not a single faulty Black so far. Same goes for every Hitachi drive I ever owned (including many during UW/LVD -> SCSI times).

Burn Seagate. Most worthless SATA disks I ever used.

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

About bloody time... I was beginning to think this was never going to happen.

Believe me, if the head honcho's at WD are calling the shots at Hitachi in the future, there will be no rubbish technology going into drives from either company. As Bindi said, WD have always had the quality. They're not going to sacrifice that just because of a takeover.

3. rinseout

rinseout What's a Dremel?

@NethLyn - All blues mate as supplied by Dell...

4. MrTeal

MrTeal Minimodder

"All Green and Blue disks are relatively useless." ...For you, for storage the Greens are perfectly fine.

5. Paulg1971

Paulg1971 Minimodder

But can they,they have to take $2.5 billion loan to do the deal.I think if a company can't buy it with its own money it should'nt be allowed to do it.

Tags: Add Tags