1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wet Dreams Danger Den

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by coolmiester, 4 Jun 2003.

1. coolmiester

coolmiester Coolermaster Legend

Here goes another one

Well I really thought i had lost all these pics recently when i had a little bit of a problem with a couple of my PC's and ended up frying a couple of nForce 2 boards and a few hard drives heehehe :sigh:

luckily me little IxusV had them all saved :D ..............obviously there is a lot more to do which will have to wait for a while until i get a bit of free time. (not something I get a lot of these days :(

I will be swapping the m/board no doubt for a Lan Party Board from me pal Carl at Themodhouse when i eventually get the time.

Anyway.....heres a few pics of the case so far.........

I started off by marking and cutting the hole to take the 24k gold 120mm Black Ice Extreme

[​IMG]

oh yeah......forgot to mention.........plexi cuts like the proverbial hot knife through butter with a high speed cutting bit in a dremmil but the bits flee everywhere :D

/......must get that grass cut :D

[​IMG]

I also had to cut more bits of plexi away to enable the BIX plus the Sunon fan to fit......you will see it a bit more clearly from a side view later ;)

just making sure that everything is lining up OK

[​IMG]

Then its a bit of a tedious job of sanding and polishing all the plexi edges down but as you can see once everything is cleaned up it looks quite well.....even tho i say so meself :naughty:

[​IMG]

you can just about see the bit that needed cutting away to make the rad and the fan fit on this one. Plexi cases have got to be one of the hardest to take pics of.

[​IMG]

Then it was a case of starting to fit all the other bits......as you can see....a trusty 1250 Eheim......(wouldn't use anything else) plus on this one I am not only going for CPU, GFX and Chipset blocks, I am also adding the massive aluminium Evolution1 Hard Drive Cooler. which you can see below
    :naughty: ........all half inch converted with brass BSPT barbs.....very nice!

[​IMG]

in goes the m/board and drives etc

[​IMG]

attach a bit of nice hose and start closing the loop...........still looking quite clean and tidy :lol:

[​IMG]

Just enough hose to go out the back to the Tank-O-Matic Res

[​IMG]

/........and then finally all linked up and filled with water etc .......cool or what????

[​IMG]

Like i said......still loads to do. I got some great UV LED mods lined up which includes further drilling and embedding LED into the case similar to the Maze3 mod so hopefully the whole case will light up.

I'll keep you posted :lol: what do you reckon????

2. carloshax

carloshax dealer

Looking good bud, hope your not pinching my led idea lol..;)

Keep us up to date bud.

Carl

3. hydrogen18

hydrogen18 Banned

specs and temps?

4. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

:clap: Excellent stuff. I love the big chunky piping, looks great :)

5. Green Soda

Green Soda What's a Dremel?

Very nice! :clap:

You fit a ton of stuff in there! And yous till need a psu (or a warp-core... :worried: ). You'll have a hell of a time getting that to lan games!! :p

<agrees with hydrogen18>Specs and Temps

6. beta124

beta124 What's a Dremel?

You know Dangerden came out with a new waterblock right? I am so glad my m8 brwnvij waited for it :)

7. Giggz

Giggz Minimodder

Subscribed! Looking Very nice so far

8. Splynncryth

Splynncryth 0x665E3FF6,0x46CC,...

looks nice, but won't the pump block some airflow over the radiator?

9. Supercool

Supercool Gone.

Looking nice :clap:
    Was thinking of ordering the maze 4 myself, but decided against it incase the same happens as the original maze 3's

10. coolmiester

new Maze4 range

Heres a couple of pics of the new Maze4
    /.........we got some winging over from them right now which I will be testing as DD do reckon they give a temp decrease.

Anyway Spec is:-

Epox 8RDA+
    XP1700 B core :eyebrow:
    2x Corsair 512 3200XMS TwinX
    still waiting on GFX card
    nothing written in stone ;)
    no temps yet but i'm on to it :lol:

[​IMG]

.....but nothing did happen ..........i've drilled/hacked/dremmiled away at many a DD plexi top and ain't had one bit of grief :worried: .......safe as houses mate!

11. Supercool

Supercool Gone.

Re: new Maze4 range

IIRC (read it on the DD site a while back) the first few batches of the maze3 leaked because of a design fault with the seal.

12. Carbon

Carbon Banned

Nice work :D
    All these watercoolingg rigs, so many ideas, but lack of monah :waah: :waah:

13. ClearCaseMan

ClearCaseMan Acrylic GOD

dude that looks hella sweet :)

14. beta124

beta124 What's a Dremel?

I have a maze 4 review and aricle coming up later today hopefully. But don't tell anyone :).

15. coolmiester

beta124
    be very interested to see this review............and would it be possible for me/coolercases UK to link direct to it???

e-mail me with details if you like :lol:

16. coolmiester

beta124

/............i take it thats a no then :sigh: ..........i didn't tell anyone....honest guv

17. beta124

beta124 What's a Dremel?

I finally got my friend to finish the damn reivew. All I wanted the last three days from him was for him to just sit down and write the damn thing. Then my forums died and I had to fix them, I didn't have time to e-mail you. But now that it is finally alive and I can have people post about the review in working forums and I finally get a day to relax, YES you can link to my review. Anyone who wants to can link to my review. The review of the new Maze 4 Waterblock from DangerDen and a review for the rest of the introductory kit can be found at http://www.elite-tech.org/reviews/maze4/

Sorry about the wait m8.
    Thanks everyone!!!

18. jetsetjimbo

jetsetjimbo Up-up and away

Good to see the review up, sorry to hear about the forums disaster...

It's a shame that the review isn't a little more focused on the block itself, with some comparisons againist other blocks and most importantly the maze3.

19. beta124

beta124 What's a Dremel?

Do you have a maze 3 we can put in there and compare it to? :p Honestly? I don't know why brwnvij made the review on the whole kit. Maybe I can work with him on getting a new review done on just the block. There are a couple of things that I want to know about the maze 3 and I wish I had one that we could compare temps with. Dano if you are out there, send us a maze 3 lol.

20. coolmiester

Cheers for that beta124 :thumb:

/.........agreed......a Maze3 and Maze4 head-to-head would make great reading

look farward to that one.........come on Dan :lol: let it happen :rock: