1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What car do you drive?

Discussion in 'General' started by Hiren, 7 Jul 2002.

1. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

I did own a VW beetle which I was going to mod but the floor was crap in it, so me and MrDT made a night of murdering it with a lump hammer and an angle grinder.... :) SPPAARRKKS!!

here's my ikle pimp mobile with my sweet soundz in it.. (yes it's only a 300w sub, but its only a corsavan!! VEERY LOUD!!)

www.madyellowbeetle.co.uk click on radio install...

WEBSITE PIMPAGE!!!

2. BMCreider

BMCreider What's a Dremel?

Your steering wheel is on the wrong side............

Oh lol. I forgot you drive on the wrong side of the road too lol........

Just kiddin lol. Us americans like the right side of the road, that's all.

3. :: Phat ::

What's the deal with that!! Why did countries have to be awkward and choose different sides???

4. dizzy_g

dizzy_g What's a Dremel?

As far as i know England had some thing to do with all the horses being ridden on the left hand side of the road back in the "ye olde times"

People used to hold the whip in their right hands and so riding on the left used to avoid hitting the ditches.

Correct me if i'm wrong!

Yanks just had to be different!

Oz drives on left due to English rule, think they may have influenced Asia as well!!! Not too sure on history so don't bite my head off if I'm wrong anyone!!!!!

BMCreider, Is the KIA that bad that it won't even spin wheels???

GTI 106 and they will give a sqeek when hitting 3rd!!!! :D (On occasion!)

5. Martin

Martin What's a Dremel?

Pug 307

6. alipuk

alipuk What's a Dremel?

Omega 2.5 V6 24v etc etc etc...... get a nice 140 topspeed out of it and as its white ppl move out the way very sharpish!!!

:dude:

7. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Cavalier 2.0 CDI - '89

But want to get my hands on a Honda CRX second gen. :)

8. BMCreider

BMCreider What's a Dremel?

Ya it won't even spin the wheels. It takes all day to get to 110mph which is where it seems to freeze. Speedometer goes to 120......

Kia will never spin wheels unless its raining a lot, or you are in gravel. Under normal driving conditions, no......

It's a lil 1.5 liter 96hp engine lol.

edit that is in mph. not kmph. America has to stand out somehow lol......why not in measurements or how bout crime rates?

9. dizzy_g

dizzy_g What's a Dremel?

It was announced in Ireland there a week or two ago that we are going making our transition from MPH to KPH!

We have our distances in Km and speeds in MPH, how stupid can you get!!!!

I'm going to be working in England soon and I'm going to try and get my hands on a :lol: Supra :lol: over there!!! :D

Cavalier 2.0 CDI - '89 - A mate of mine has a 92 Cav, Vroom Vroom! To quote his 2 two year old brother!!!!

Oh yeah a 1.5 and she won't spin!!!!! I've had 1.0L and they spin no problem!! Change it quick!!!!! Is it automatic or manual???

10. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

My favorite car I ever owned was a 1977 Jeep Wagoneer with the 360 V8. Brown, ugly, and horribly powerful... I will own one again... I have been keeping my eye open for a new project.

Currently, I have a 1990 Mitsubishi Montero with a 3.0 litre V6... gets much better gas milage. another one of my favorites... all and all I have probably had 5 or 6 cars starting with a VW Karmann Ghia...

11. samuelellis

samuelellis What's a Dremel?

my mothers peaugeot 306 1.9 diesel will squeel away, heck if you do it correct you can squeel the tyres right through 1st & upto 5000rpm in 2nd before they start gripping :D guess how i kno that

12. :: Phat ::

Did somebody tell you?:D

you should try spinning a Frontera sport in 4 wheel drive... nice :D :D :D :dude:

13. dizzy_g

dizzy_g What's a Dremel?

Guy's do car stereos from the US work in UK & Ireland?

Do the FM frequencies go from 86 to 107 also (I think they are the freq's that are used!!!!)

My sis is in the states and she'll be coming home soon!

Might get myself a head that can play MP3's! And a new AMP!!!!

14. scopEDog

scopEDog Minimodder

I drive a 2000 silver subaru impreza 2.5rs...best car i've ever owned :D

15. samuelellis

samuelellis What's a Dremel?

beaten that, landrover series III 5 litre diesel engine with modified gearbox to allow the overdrive shifter (my dads old car) on an offroad course spinning all the wheels, we had moddified diffs that were fully locked ona switch so every tyre got the same amout of power

& i kno about my moters 306 as i used to work @ the same place & she let me practice driving during lunch but did not kno i would be doing tyre spins & handbraking it :D

16. reg36

reg36 What's a Dremel?

First Car I had was a 91 Chevy K-5 Blazer (Truck Actually) back when you could still take the backs off the chasis, now that was the best during the summer. Currently I am in a 2003 Acura CL.

17. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

w00t! Jeepsters unite! :D I love my 82 as well. I just hope I can find a job soon so I won't have to let her go :(

18. FreakOnALeash

FreakOnALeash What's a Dremel?

I got a 2002 Mazda 323 2 litre Sport
    dont have any pics yet tho...it needs washed before I even think of takin any atm too :rolleyes:

19. essjaytee

essjaytee emtarkanderundergunderson

I have a 96 dodge neon with intake/header/exhaust work and a 94 eclipse turbo. Looking to pick up another neon though, for a project SCCA race car. Just need to convince the missus that I need another car :)

20. hprcrazyguy

hprcrazyguy Minimodder

Here is a picture of my truck, the one I talked about before. 77 Ford F-100.
    [​IMG]
    Another Picture

And here is a picture of our restored 1967 Ford Mustang Convertible (not my site, its a car clubs site, just stubbled across it one day :rolleyes:)
    [​IMG]

Oh, and we also have a bunch of other cars too. My mom has a 2001 Ford Taurus. Dad has a 1992 Dodge :sigh: Dakota and a '89 Dynasty (POS). My dad also has a 1964 Ford Galaxie Convertible that is being redone but is on hold for our 2 1965 Ford Fairlanes, one is a Sports Coupe(mine). :D Finally, I have a 1953 Ford F-100 that is waiting to be redone. Yeah, our yard is full of cars, but most of them are in the barn and/or garage. :D Can you tell we are Ford people? :p