1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. will of fortune

will of fortune What's a Dremel?

Just got a first in first year of uni putting me 4th highest in the year also meaning I get a £1000 bursary next year. And 2 and a half more months of holiday making my life pretty damn good at the moment. Just gotta find a job to earn a little bit of money and life will be perfect.

2. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Well had a blast at my friend's birthday party, danced alot with a few pretty girls too. :D

Complete strangers at that party, didn't care still danced with them, great music, and just fun. My month is complete, and I have another party on the 23rd.

3. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

I think I found the perfect school to transfer to after next year, has just about everything I want. I never looked at it before because coming out of high school, I really didn't have the grades they wanted.

- Close to home, but far enough that it makes sense to live on/off campus, not at home
    - Scholarship for people who graduate at my current college and go on at the school I'm looking at
    - I might be eligible for a 1/2 tuition merit scholarship based on my grades from college.
    -The exact major I want, not like most of the schools I've looked at where it is mostly tweaking a computer science degree for what I want to do
    - It's the school my girlfriend is going to :D

In other news, dropped over $400 in textbooks.... which isn't really awesome, but it means school is starting again soon :p

4. Matticus

Matticus ...

I have a 2 week trial as a Junior web dev starting Wednesday.

At the end of it I could be looking at signing a contract, not amazing money as its Junior (not getting paid for the trial though, just covering petrol), but goes up fast as I get to a decent level. I am pretty excited, it seems like a really good company, the people seem nice and most importantly, a friend of mine already works there. Winrar!

5. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

The new/replacement monitor got here just fine and NO DEAD PIXELS!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus I get to have two 24" monitor side by side for tonight, but tomorrow one has to go back

6. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

cleaned interior of my car and installed cd player.

:rock:

mvagusta likes this.
  7. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I need to do that, as well as the outside of mine tomorrow. Although I may wait for my massive cleanyourcar order to come in, complete with new wax (mmmm, Collinite) and glaze, among about 50 other car-pamperingly awesome items.

Last edited: 20 Jul 2010
  8. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

oh wow... yeah im not that big into having my car super clean and looking purdy. i just figured i may as well vacuum and wipe it down since i was working in it.

9. Unicorn

I definately am :thumb:

What I'm most looking forward to is the swirk mark removers, among them Meguiars #9 for Dads car. He's on holiday at the moment and left his car here (I drove them to the airport) and I plan on having it look brand spanking new by the time he comes home :D No more ugly spiders web swirk marks :)

10. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

you should come out here and clean my dads old car. :D

11. Elton

Party on friday, this time not too many strangers.

12. Unicorn

Sounds classic, what is it?

13. TheMusician

TheMusician Audio/Tech Enthusiast/Historian

A few months ago, Portal was released for free. So I downloaded Steam, made an account, and DL'd it. Unfortunately, my hard drive was going and I needed to uninstall it all for some reason or another. Since then I now have a lot of free time and a new laptop to test out as well. I decided to re-download Steam on both PCs, because I saw online that "Alien Swarm" is free and came out yesterday. I figured Portal didn't work out, but at least I can get Alien Swarm.

Then I figured out that since I've already downloaded Portal once, I now own it. So I can re-download it as many times I want on this PC and the laptop. :D

Portal runs quite well on mostly high settings on a G210M (9600M die shrink). Just got to level 15, and now I need a break.

Alien Swarm is on my desktop but I haven't had a chance to play it. It's currently downloading on the laptop. I wonder how well it'll handle it.

14. Elton

Finished with summer school. Now for volunteer work, and more working out.

Gotta look sexy for the ladies. :D

15. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Having a full time job again.

Although, my first thought (Oh, awesome, I can go get a nice suit) did kinda worry me.

16. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

No no, it just means you naturally want to SUIT UP!

Mine - gradually sorting out the paperwork for my new flat, getting through it easily so far, and the moving in date is getting closer! :D

17. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

New pair of Ray Ban sunglasses for flying and rowing.

18. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

I've paid everything I need to and theres still money in the bank....

19. Hoffs

Hoffs Seek

I broke up from school today (going into Year 13, eeeeeeeeek!) and now have 6 weeks to chill out and sleep. And am getting stupidly excited over Reading Festival this year, it'll be my 4th year!

20. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

That is always uplifting