1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Omega Point

Omega Point Minimodder

Finished my last (hopefully) University exam. NO MORE EXAMS! :D :clap:

2. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

After 6 months of waiting without an end in sight, the Toyota dealership mailed me over the weekend, telling me that there is a (however slim) chance that they have found someone that has a production date on their 86 and is willing to swap for mine (which doesn't have a production date yet)... hope, as they say, dies last.

3. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Finally gotten around to booking my Theory Test, and I'm pretty confident that I'll pass first time. I just need a little more practice on a few areas before I'm totally sure about it.

4. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Had my chemistry exam today and it went much, much better than I was expecting, especially after how poorly its been taught. So that makes me happy. That also means I'm slowly ticking off the exams and have 6 left now.

I do love Bit tech in exam month. :D

Also, this month's CPC. I don't know why, but I found it especially awesome. However, as a result, I now want to buy an Essence One, but don't want to spend 300 quid. :D

Lastly, I think I'll end up doing it anyway now that my entire music collection is in FLAC. Damn the audio addiction!

5. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

I'm going to start a business thinking of running a kickstarter to get the basic items which will be second hand and used after as the business starts to grow obviously upgrade them as time goes on.
    It's a pretty cheap start up would need around £600 to get all the essentials.

Business wise I'd have to go self employed but I don't think their are many requirements until your earning/working over a certain amount of hours.

If the kickstarter doesn't allow this for some reason I'll probably run my own kickstarter on a self hosted website.

Brainstorming benefits of funding this and how the funders will benefit. Security and such. Will also setup a website telling funders how well everything is going the number of customers, advertising strategy's, and so on

Exciting and scary at the same time! We shall see.

6. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

This news: If they match the Sony sets for price... Daddy's going 4K!

7. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

If you have a sound business model sorted then I can't see why you wouldn't just borrow the £600 from a financial institution.

If, however, you have the next Facebook all planned out in your head and no friends/credit rating, then good luck with the Kickstarter, I just hope nobody else with more capital than you grabs the idea and runs with it.

8. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Lol no, This project is a physical provided service and isn't just some "here invest in this website its going to do well" jobbie. It will actually require getting my hands dirty and traveling to peoples homes/businesses to do the work, gardening, painting and decorating sorta thing.

Now i'm going to get "it's not a profitable area" it's already over saturated" ;)

Or the basic questions like

"why should we use you instead of one of your competitors?" who has years of more experience and so on.

We'll get it figured out in the end :)

9. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Insurance for a '06 Focus ST is about £400 cheaper than it was 6 months ago.. which means I think I've found my next car.

10. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

The stand seems a little, erm, distracting. :D

11. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Haha, everyone says that; it's actually a speaker solution though and the sound does make for a good departure from the usual tinny on-board affair.

That isn't to say though that I won't be ditching it for a nice clean wallmount!

12. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

If you're going to spend that much on a TV, couple it to an external 5.1 setup at least!

13. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I just destroyed my Principles of Control exam.

14. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

New job confirmed as starting on the 17th :)
    Finish date with my current employer is the 12th.

New job, more money, and a long weekend to boot! :D

15. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Guinness Crisps.

That is all.

16. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

I found myself missing the call to mid day prayer. So I took 5 minutes out of my day to be thankful for all that I have seen and done in my life. For safety, health, and family.

That made my life awesome.

Back to grinding knives. lol :dremel:

17. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Of course! Will be going Denon X4000 and Bowers and Wilkins 684 theatre I think. Will get some extra 685s and replace the sub with two better ones to bring it up to 7.2

Well, this is all if that 4K model ends up being affordable... If I have to stick to "normal" F8000 series, I'll just keep it modest and step down a size on receiver and speakers.

18. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

A fan sent me a gift.

[​IMG]

19. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Eh? Because you're not using your screens not as high res your ears stop working as well?

:confused:

However the full setup looks faily epic.

20. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Off to a meeting with a mortgage advisor at 3pm. Hopefully my bank will allow me to take out a mortgage with them.

Fingers crossed I won't be posting in the opposite thread to this one.