1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Tattoo, done for 350 Euros. Very happy with it.

[​IMG]

Vault-Tec and [ZiiP] NaloaC like this.
  2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Brilliant !!

perplekks45 likes this.
  3. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Fiancee comes home with hide glue warmer for 99 cents. Score!

4. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

That doesn't look like a lot of ink for 350 euros! Is the going rate for tattooists just ridiculously high where you are? I have 2 pieces on my forearms that a much more complex than that and both cost just over £100 (from different artists in different parts of the country).

5. perplekks45

Simple answer: yes.

Long answer: I was honestly expecting North of 500 for it, since the going rate per hour seems to be 150-200 Euros.

6. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Guess tattoos are going to vary quite a bit depending on who's doing them and how on demand they are? Presumably they charge by the hour so you're going to get a lot of variance.

7. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Christ on a bike! It'll be cheaper for you to grab a flight over here and pay the standard £40-50 per hour if you want anything big done!

8. perplekks45

Now you got me thinking...

//Edit: I really want that second sentence from my signature on the inside of my right forearm.

Last edited: 8 Feb 2019
    Byron C likes this.
  9. Vault-Tec

Here we go. Today I went over to measure up. Everything will fit, thankfully. Sadly the wind here is blowing so hard it nearly took me off my feet, so the "stick your head out of roof pic" is lower than it should be lmao. I didn't want to lose my hat and probably glasses also it was terrifying.

Here is the computer at the entrance. Every one has a panic button/login thing in case you are not well.

[​IMG]

It also tells you the bus times, what time the shops close and etc. And it has ads lolol.

Back walls of the shower are marble. So is the splash back on the sink.

[​IMG]

Flooring is all new, so very modern.

[​IMG]

Never seen anything like this before. It's got PVC coating on (this is the rad in the bathroom)

[​IMG]

Window in the bathroom is at an angle (this is the built in blinds closed)

[​IMG]

So the throne area is hidden.

[​IMG]

And then a big old storage cupboard.

[​IMG]

Living room area

[​IMG]

Has loads of storage, aerial socket, satellite socket (there's a big one on the roof) and so on.

This is the bedroom. It's twice the size of the one at mum's. Also has aerial socket (yay !!!! not had one in years) and walk in cupboard. Radiators are all computer controlled.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Closet. This goes to the right at a funny angle (very clever use of all available space tbh)

[​IMG]

Will easily hold my Fallout collection lmao. And then the main event, the kitchen.

[​IMG]

Which blows me away every time I see it. Then (and I was determined to get a pic) I dared to open the window and stand in it for a pic. Sadly I was too scared to stand up fully, as I would have lost my hat and glasses so this is the best I could do.

[​IMG]

The bathroom and living room windows are all lined up in the pic. I am standing in the bathroom window on that one as I didn't want to get the carpet wet.

David, legoman, [ZiiP] NaloaC and 4 others like this.
  10. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

@Vault-Tec - really please for you dude, looks like a fine wee pad you've got yourself there. :thumb:

Just wondering where you're going to put your 58 bikes and 213 pcs though :lol::lol::lol:

Arboreal likes this.
  11. Vault-Tec

Two of the bikes left the building last night, and are now on hooks in my mate's garage with his bikes. Two need to be taken apart and put in my mother's loft and the remaining one will be at her house for me to ride there. My mate lives a short bus ride from the flat, so I just need to get a bus to his and then I have two there I can go out on. Oh, he is taking the tool chest to his as well, given it's (his house) the main hub for the local riders.

So yeah, all taken care of dude. Oh, PCs... Two have gone (one is at mum's in use, the other going in the loft as I stripped it) and I only have one here to take with me (the big build I finished just before Xmas). I really don't have much left tbh. About four pairs of headphones (three are boxed and packed) and all of my spare gear went to Tre.

I knew that moving would mean downsizing quite massively. Things of material value to me hold no real value. I was taught all of the important lessons of life as a child. Like, within two years my nan was dead, dad was dead, and I got ran over and spent four months in hospital. All between the ages of 6 and 9.

So yeah, I learned pretty bloody quick that belongings don't mean jack. We're not even guaranteed tomorrow, live life today.

No regrets fella...

IanW, Mr_Mistoffelees and Arboreal like this.
  12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Having only read your descriptions of the landlord and the current abode, I'd take moving to that new place with only the clothes on my back as an option, to be quite frank.

13. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

That is most definitely true dude.

One reason i'll be glad when we finally move, all that stuff we don't really need but is in ok nick will be going straight to the charity shop or to refugees needing some basics.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  14. Vault-Tec

That was the next thing I learned about life. When I used to complain to my mother that I was in pain, couldn't walk properly, had no father etc she would say "There are people out there much worse off than you". Of course, as a kid you don't want to hear it but once you reach your 30s and have time to sit down and think about life so far?

adidan likes this.
  15. Vault-Tec

[​IMG]

That is what the damp has done to my Belling oven. It's only about three years old, if that. I gather you've seen the walls and ceiling in pics before yeah?

Yeah, it's a dump. I'd gladly walk away with nothing.

Edit. Yes, it's dusty. I've only been here for about 4 weeks out of the past two months. Everything is dusty at the moment. You kinda lose the will to clean when you live in such squalid conditions :(

16. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Microsoft's official method for moving country in 365 is to delete the tenant and recreate them in the new country.

Why is this awesome? Because I get two free months of Business Premium. Thanks Brexit!

17. perplekks45

Same for PSN. You can't change your country, you have to make a new account. Maybe not so awesome there, though.

Final day of my week off and I did so many fun things, I'm just happy.

18. Vault-Tec

I just gave away a £350+ wheel set. I had them up for sale for forever, no bites. Stuck them up for free they were gone within an hour. I should be annoyed, but it just saves me taking them to the dump. They are really big wheels (29") so there is no way to hide them in black bags lol.

Ah well, guy was nice. He's building a fixie so fair play. And they're gone, which is awesome.

Arboreal likes this.
  19. Vault-Tec

A side project.

Probably the last thing I need right now but with it done it will make a very welcome addition to my new flat. I don't move til 28th March any way, and I've been meaning to do this for about three years. So my ex had this quite frankly enormous pic in the hall. The frame is pine, but at some point it had gotten damp. The pic in it was pretty crap really, IDK why she even bought it. So I bought her (as a surprise) a Breakfast At Tiffany's poster and was going to do the frame up a bit. I never did do that haha. Probably a good thing I didn't, because I bet with it done she'd have taken it. So yesterday I broke it down.

[​IMG]

And mounted the poster. Then I cleaned up the frame with the hand vac, cleaned with alcohol and then once it had evaporated I put down a coat of gloss black.

[​IMG]

One more coat and she's good. That should look nice in my new kitchen, providing the glass doesn't get broken (I've stuck it in the far corner of the room for now). Frames of this size seem to cost a king's ransom.

20. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Noticed there was a bulb out in Laura's car (it's a 2012 Clio with satnav and aircon etc. but no bulb warning system?!?) and I had a replacement ready to go in my automotive bulb drawer. I will not replace the one in the drawer and sit all smugly at being prepared.

Nice work on the picture frame buy the way, it always feels good to do a task you've been putting off.