What do you guys think about this case?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by r00t, 22 Sep 2003.

1. r00t

r00t What's a Dremel?

2. r00t

r00t What's a Dremel?

also, what board do you guys think I should get? I'm going from a A7N8X-X, so finding a micro-atx board to fill those shoes is going to be hard. What do you think my best bet is?

3. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

I personaly prefer the shuttle systems, but that is just me.

I believe you can buy a barebones and assemble the system yourself, and save the phenominal price that those retailers are likely to charge.

I configured a 2.4 GHz P4 system for under $500 the other day :eeek:

4. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

My friend just built a shuttle system with a 2500+ for $600 (without vid card, he already had a 9800, not much to upgrade to there :p )... he's very satisfied with it. I'll get a model # for you...

5. r00t

r00t What's a Dremel?

one thing I was worried about with the shuttle, and any SFF pc I guess, is whether or not I can still use my two hard drives. I don't need a floppy drive, but I do need both my WD 80GB HDD's.

6. HellDiver

HellDiver What's a Dremel?

Shuttle's PCs take 2 HDDs no problems, one in the HDD bay, one in the FDD/HDD bay.

7. r00t

r00t What's a Dremel?

ok then, next question... is there anyplace that I can buy modded parts for a shuttle? I kinda had my heart set on a window, and you can call me lazy if you want but I'd rather buy a shell with a window already in it then cut one myself. This box isn't really going to be a project, just a nice simple rig.